Korma is a popular recipe that’s enjoyed all over India. It’s a rich gravy that’s made with either mutton or chicken, yoghurt, fried onions, almonds or cashews, and different spices. It’s one of the best recipes to prepare for parties, festivals, family get-togethers, or other occasions. Here, we share a Pakistani mutton korma recipe that you’ll love.
What Is Pakistani Mutton Korma?
Pakistani Mutton Korma is one of the most popular Pakistani delicacies. While this dish may seem time-consuming and difficult, if followed properly it can be prepared without hassle. Traditionally, cooked with mutton, today, chicken is also used to make this dish. It’s a yummy gravy dish where meat is cooked with yoghurt and spices until the oil floats and the flavours are infused.
Buy Licious Rich Goat Curry Cut
To cook this authentic Pakistani Mutton Korma recipe, try our Licious Rich Goat Curry Cut. The packet contains meat from the loins, ribs, and shoulder. Once thoroughly cleaned, the meat is cut into bite-sized pieces. Perfect for large family gatherings, the meat is fresh and tender. These pieces of meat are firm in texture and taste best when slow-cooked. Since the pieces are rich and have the right quantity of fat, slow cooking helps to bring out the best flavour of the meat. You can use these cuts for pan-fried dishes or curries.
Our goats are pasture-raised on government-approved farms. They are chosen at the right weight and size for tender and succulent meat. The meat is rested for up to 12 hours before being cut and cleaned. All our products go through 150+ safety and quality checks. Free from hormones, chemicals, or antibiotic residue, our mutton is fresh, never frozen! To maintain freshness, we ensure constant temperature controls between 0-4℃. The goat meat is cut, cleaned, and hygienically vacuum-packed in tamper-proof packages and delivered to your doorstep. You can now enjoy your favourite curry recipes with our fresh goat curry cut!
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- 680 grams of goat curry cut
- 2 thinly sliced onions
- 4 tbsp of ginger-garlic paste
- 1 cup of yoghurt
- 3 pieces of mace
- 1/8 piece of nutmeg
- 5 green cardamoms whole
- 6 cloves
- ½ cinnamon stick
- 16 black peppercorns
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 2½ tsp red chilli powder
- 1/8 tsp Garam masala powder
- 1¼ cup of water
- ½ tsp kewra essence
- 1- inch ginger cut into juliennes
- Salt - to taste
- ¾ cup oil
- Crush the nutmeg and mace in a mortar and pestle and keep aside.
- Heat oil in an instant pot or pressure cooker. Add the onions and fry until they turn reddish-brown. Remove and place in a bowl.
- In the same oil, add cumin seeds, black and green cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, and black peppercorns. Mix well.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and cook for a few seconds.
- Add the goat curry pieces and mix well.
- Pour in the yoghurt and stir for around two minutes.
- Close the lid and pressure cook for around ten minutes or until the meat is about 95% done.
- Transfer the meat to a normal cooking pot and let it cook for about two to three minutes on medium heat.
- Add coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Add crushed nutmeg and mace. Cook for five minutes.
- Add water.
- Crush the brown onions with your hands and scatter them all around the korma. Allow it to cook for two minutes.
- Add kewra essence and mix.
- Cover the korma and let it cook for ten minutes on low heat.
- Open the pot lid and sprinkle the ginger and garam masala.
- Serve hot with rice, paratha, or naan. Enjoy!
Order our Goat Curry Cut from our website to cook this scrumptious Pakistani Mutton Korma recipe. Be sure to take a few pictures for Instagram and tag us using #MadeWithLicious for a chance to win Licious Cash. Enjoy!