Bombay Masala Toast Salami Recipe: In Mumbai, life is always on the fast track. People rush to and from work or towards their desired destination. In all this hullabaloo, snacking can take a back seat. Fortunately, for those with hunger pangs, the Bombay masala toast comes to the rescue. Available on almost every street corner, this grilled masala toast is loaded with veggies and spices, making it a flavourful item. We have added our own twist to the humble masala toast with our evergreen staple, Licious Chicken Salami. Enjoy it as a quick and scrumptious post-work snack with chai!
What is chicken salami?
An Italian creation, salami is a flattened form of sausage that is pre-cured, so it can be consumed directly. A package of Licious peppery chicken salami contains around 10 to 12 slices. With the addition of red chilli powder and black pepper, each bite of our fresh salami packs a spicy punch, a perfect companion to the Bombay masala toast.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- For the coriander chutney
- 1-1½ cups chopped coriander or dhania
- 1 tbsp of chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp of chopped green chillies
- Salt - to taste
- For the potato masala
- 1 cup of mashed potatoes
- ½ tbsp of mustard seeds
- 5-6 pieces of curry leaves
- ¼ tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Green Chilli Paste if you prefer a spicier filling
- 1 tbsp Chopped Coriander
- Salt - to taste
- For the Mumbai masala toast sandwich
- 2 slices breadwith crust or no crust
- 1-2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp coriander chutney
- 1 tbsp potato masala
- 2-4 slices onion
- 2-4 slices Tomato
- 2 slices Capsicum optional
- 3-4 slices Licious Peppery Chicken Salami
- Sev for topping
- - First, prepare the coriander chutney by adding the chopped coriander, garlic, and chillies in a mixer or blender. Add salt accordingly and then blend them into a fine paste.
- - The next part of the Mumbai masala toast sandwich recipe is the stuffing. Prepare the potato masala by first boiling/steaming 3-4 potatoes in a cooker or a steamer. Once done, peel off the skin and mash them. Then, take a non-stick pan and add 1-2 tablespoons of oil. Then add the mustard seeds till they begin to crackle. Follow it up with the curry leaves and saute for a few seconds.
- - Now, add the mashed potatoes to the pan and stir them until they are mixed well with the mustard seeds and the curry leaves. Add turmeric powder and green chilli paste to the mix and continue to stir. Lastly, add some salt to complete the Bombay masala toast sandwich stuffing.
- - With the prepping out of the way, it’s finally time to make a delicious masala toast. Take two slices of bread (can also be multigrain or whole wheat). For an authentic Bombay masala toast experience, cut off their crusts. Spread the coriander chutney evenly on the side of one slice of bread. On the other, evenly spread some butter. You can also go for low-fat butter options or ditch it altogether if you want.
- - Next, add the masala stuffing to the toast. Take as little or as much as you desire. Now, add some cut onion and tomato slices on top of the masala.
- - Finally, add 3-4 slices of the flavorful Licious Peppery Chicken Salami on top and close the sandwich.
- - Then take the sandwich and place it in a sandwich toaster. If you don’t have a toaster, you can also use a pan.
- - Toast the sandwich until golden brown and crispy.
- - With the sandwich ready, cut it into 4-6 even pieces and add some spicy bhujia on top as a garnish if you so desire.
So that’s the Mumbai-style masala toast sandwich recipe with a Licious twist.
Why buy Licious Peppery Chicken Salami?
We at Licious believe in freshness and quality. All our products are delivered fresh and never frozen. Our Cold Cuts contain no artificial preservatives, are made of fresh ingredients and spices, and come in a host of irresistible flavours.
So, order a pack of Licious peppery chicken salami today and enjoy a scrumptious Bombay sandwich in minutes. Don't forget to click a few photos for Instagram and tag us using #MadeWithLicious. Order Now