Warm, easy to make, and light on the stomach, nothing beats the wholesomeness and nutritiousness of chicken bone broth. Loaded with plenty of health benefits and feel-good flavours, prepare chicken bone broth from the comfort of your home with Licious chicken soup bones.
What is chicken bone broth?
Rich in chicken flavour, chicken bone broth is a traditional recipe seasoned with herbs. This Chicken Broth Indian recipe can be used to make soups and curries and even to cook your rice among other chicken broth recipes. Made mostly with bones and meat, it is simmered on the stove to extract all the goodness from the bones into the water.
Top 5 Nutritional and Health Benefits of Chicken Bone Broth
Rich in nutrients, calcium, magnesium, vitamins, and phosphorous, when these bones are brewed, connective tissues of bones impart the body with healthy natural compounds, found in cartilage. Here are the top 5 nutritional Chicken Broth Benefits:-
- Since bone broth extracts collagen from the bones, it is considered as anti-ageing. When it is boiled, connective tissue collagen breaks down into gelatine and other healthy amino acids.
- Gelatine in the bone broth, when bound with water, could help with better food movement through the intestines.
- Immune-friendly amino acids present in chicken bone broth could help to boost the body’s immune function.
- Collagen in chicken bone broth may help to relieve joint stiffness and osteoarthritis pain.
- Amino acid glycine in bone broth may support healthy sleep patterns by regulating the internal body clock along with lowering body temperature.
How to use chicken bone broth?
There are so many ways to use bone broth. It makes the perfect base for your soups and curries. You could even use it to cook your rice instead of water. for better taste and nutrition. A lot of people also just drink it as is to enjoy the benefits of bone broth.
Wondering how to prepare chicken broth at home? It’s as simple as covering our chicken soup bones with water and letting them simmer for 45 minutes to an hour. But if you want to take it to the next level, try out this recipe!
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- 1 packet Licious classic chicken bones
- 300 gm fresh assorted mushrooms [Button, shimeji, enoki, shiitake, and chanterelle)
- Salt - to taste
- 1 large diced onion
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup dark rice wine
- 1 tbsp palm sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil [smoked]
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- Heat oil in a large heavy-bottomed pan.
- Add the soup bones and let them fry until lightly browned.
- If you want to, you can add some diced onions, carrots and celery along with some whole spices like pepper corns and bay leaves.
- Add enough water to completely cover the bones and bring it to a simmer.
- Allow the broth to simmer for an hour or so, uncovered. The longer, the better. If any scum appears, skim it off.
- Skim the surface of the chicken broth one final time after it is ready and pour the clear broth into a pan.
- Heat oil in another heavy-bottomed pan.
- Add sliced garlic and sauté just for a few seconds.
- Add the mushrooms and let them sear over high heat until they turn golden brown.
- Add a bit of the dark rice wine and a few drops of vinegar.
- Pour the chicken broth into the pan and bring it to a simmer.
- Season with salt, pepper, and palm sugar. Serve in soup bowls.
What kinds of chicken cuts can be ordered online from Licious?
At Licious, order various kinds of fresh chicken cuts that are never frozen. Chicken drumstick, chicken breast, chicken thigh, chicken wing, chicken liver, and more, all cuts are available, and no matter which cut of chicken is ordered online, it will be free from artificial preservatives and chemicals that are harmful. So next time when you crave to relish chicken soup bones, order hygienically packed and thoroughly cleaned chicken cuts. What’s more? Get them delivered straight to your place within 90-120 minutes. Also, do not forget to tag us on Instagram with #MadeWithLicious and share your personalised Chicken Broth Recipe.