A crunchy, mouth-melting chicken puff is a no-brainer chicken delicacy to satiate your instant hunger pangs. This yummy snack has myriad flaky layers of crunchy puff pastry packed with seasoned chicken keema. Whether it be a spontaneous get-together at home or a weekend tea party with a bunch of friends, this chicken puff recipe will make you fetch some serious compliments for your cooking skills.
Origin of Chicken Puff
The Indian chicken puff recipe is an interesting ‘desi’ version of the Cornish pasty that was introduced by the British to the colonies. Associated with the Cornwall miners, the history of Cornish pasty dates back to 1300 A.D. Initially, it contained only potatoes and was considered a poor man’s food. The meat was added much later.
The journey of this crunchy culinary delight has come a long way since its inception. Today, it is a much sought-after appetiser at pretty much every kind of gathering you can think of!
Chicken Keema Online at Licious
At Licious, all our chicken, meat, and fish products are fresh and never frozen. When toying with an idea to relish succulent chicken puff, order chicken keema that is made using perfectly ground, cut and cleaned chicken breast meat. Our chicken keema is sourced from biosecure farms and contains no hormones or antibiotic residue.
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 500 gm Licious Chicken Keema
- 1 batch puff pastry store-bought
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 large thinly sliced onion
- 1 finely chopped green chilli
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- Salt - to taste
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp Garam masala powder
- ½ cup Tomato ketchup
- 1 egg for egg wash
- Heat cooking oil in a pan, and then crackle the fennel seeds.
- Add thinly sliced onions and saute them on medium heat till they are cooked.
- Add ginger garlic paste and green chillies, and then cook for a minute.
- Add chicken keema and saute the mixture for 5 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- Add garam masala powder, salt, and chilli and mix well.
- Add tomato sauce and mix well.
- Cook until the mixture thickens, then keep it aside to cool down.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 220℃.
- Spread foil in a baking pan and set aside.
- Cut puff pastry sheets into 4-6 equal square portions.
- Spoon a generous quantity of filling on the pasty’s middle, fold over and then use a fork to seal the edges.
- Brush with egg wash.
- Now place the puff pastries into the preheated oven and then bake for 20-25 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Cool down for 5 minutes after removing it from the oven.
- Serve hot on a plate along with the preferred sauce.
Instead of baking in a regular oven, you can also air fry chicken puff.
Ready to try this chicken puff recipe with Chicken Keema from Licious? Share your own version of the recipe on Instagram using #MadeWithLicious.