Chicken bread or chicken stuffed bread is a simple snack recipe. It is made of homemade bread with simple fillings of shredded chicken, herbs, cheese and seasonings of your choice. It can be an ideal appetizer or a teatime snack. Here we share a chicken bread recipe that you can make at home. Check out the recipe below.
Buy Chicken Breast-Boneless online on Licious. Explore our website for a range of other fresh chicken options such as Chicken Drumsticks, Chicken Thighs and Curry cuts and prepare your next delicious recipe with Licious!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- ½ kg Chicken Breasts boiled and shredded
- 1 tsp garlic chopped
- 1 tsp ginger chopped
- 1 tbsp red chilli-pepper flakes
- 2-3 green chillies
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp flour
- salt as required
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour Mixed
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp Yeast
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp butter/oil
- 1 tsp Sugar
- ½ Cup Milk Luke Warm
For Chicken Filling
- Take a large bowl and add milk to it. Make sure it is warm. Then add yeast and let it mix with the milk completely. Then add sugar, egg, butter and one cup of flour. Beat the mixture well. Then add the rest of the flour. Add salt. Start kneading the ingredients into a smooth and soft dough. If the mixture is dry, then you can add a bit of warm water. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let it rest for an hour or until it rises.
- Take a pan and heat some butter in it. Add ginger, garlic, and sauté until the raw smell disappears. Then add the chicken and cook it over high heat. Then add the red pepper flakes, green chillies, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and salt. Sauté the ingredients. Then add the flour and cook the mixture until all the water evaporates.
- Once the dough has risen, remove the damp cloth. Punch the dough back and knead it again. Roll it out in the shape of your choice. Sprinkle the toppings such as oregano, cheese, black pepper and sesame seeds. Take the chicken filling and add it in the centre of the bread. Sprinkle some cheese on top. Enclose the filling by folding the bread and pressing the edges together. Make small slits into the bread at equal distance. Break one egg and make an egg wash. Glaze the bread with this egg wash.
- Take a baking tray and glaze it with butter. Place the loaf onto the tray. Sprinkle some pepper and sesame seeds over the enclosed bread and put small pieces of butter if you want to. Let it rise for 15 more minutes. In the meanwhile, preheat the oven at 180-degree Celsius. Place the tray in the oven and bake the chicken bread for 20 minutes until it is golden. Cut it into equal pieces and serve with your favourite dip or sauce.
Recipe Tip You can also make the chicken filling in a simple white sauce made from flour, milk, butter, salt, pepper and oregano. Share your version of this recipe Have you tried making Chicken Bread at home? What ingredients do you use to make the chicken filling? Share your version with us! You can check out all our chicken recipes here. Frequently Asked Questions Can I make small puff pockets from this recipe? Yes. You can divide the dough into equal size balls. Make the puff pockets, add the filling and bake them. Can I add vegetables to the filling? Yes. You can add onions and tomatoes to the chicken filling.