Mutton Offal meals are simple yet delicious. Here we share a Mutton Boti Fry recipe that you can try at home. Organ meat or offal is high in nutrients such as proteins, vitamins and minerals. Mutton Boti Fry is made by using Mutton gizzards and intestines. They are cleaned, boiled and then fried in a variety of spices. Check out the recipe below.
Buy mutton online on Licious. Explore our website for a range of other fresh red meat products such as goat ribs, lamb legs, soup bones and more! Prepare your next delicious recipe with Licious!
|Prep Time||25 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 2 Small Cinnamon Sticks
- 5-6 garlic cloves
- ½ tsp shahi jeera
- 3 cardamoms
- 4 cloves
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds Powder
- 2 tsp Coconut Powder
For Boti Fry
For Boti Masala
- Thoroughly clean the Boti in hot water. Change the water at least twice. Then wash the Boti under cold running water. Now take a pressure cooker and add the Boti to it. Cook it for 2-3 whistles.
- Take a grinder and add all the masala ingredients to it. Grind them into a smooth paste.
- Take a pan and heat 2 tablespoon oil in it. Add the cumin seeds and once they splutter, add the chopped onion. Fry the onion until it is translucent. Then add the green chillies and ginger-garlic paste and curry leaves. Fry for 2 minutes. Then add turmeric powder and boiled Boti. Cover with the lid and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the Boti masala, red chilli powder and salt. Give it a mix. Cover the lid and cook for 8-9 minutes. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve the Mutton Boti Fry hot.
The intestines have a unique smell that may feel unpleasant. Hence, it is important to clean them in hot and cold water multiple times before cooking.
Share your version of this recipe
How do you make Mutton Boti Fry at home? What ingredients do you use? Share your version with us!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I add onions and wash the Boti to remove its strong smell?
Yes. Once you have boiled the Boti, you can slice a small onion and mix it thoroughly with the intestines. Then you can rinse the mixture under cold water.
Can I pressure cook the Boti in turmeric and salt?
Yes. You can add ½ tsp of turmeric, salt and a bit of water when you pressure-cook the Boti.