The Internet is flooded with Kolkata Mutton Cutlets, and the hype is worth the taste. Have you ever thought of making and trying them all by yourself? Well, if not, then with Licious, you can prepare this exotic snack at home in no time. Yes, we are here to spill our kitchen secrets to you!
Originating from Bengal, Kolkata Mutton Cutlets are believed to complete the chai-time for every household there. Crisp on the outside and tender on the inside, these cutlets are a favourite of many. This delectable and mouthwatering delicacy is exceptionally famous not just in India but among people around the world.
What Are Kolkata Mutton Cutlets?
Cutlets are a go-to snack whether you eat meat or not. However, Kolkata Mutton Cutlets are a drool-worthy blend of flavours. It is a popular street food and consists of soft, juicy, tender, and perfectly seasoned mutton with lots of spices and drenched in oil. It is said that the Mutton Cutlets were first introduced by Britishers in Kolkata, and since then, it emerged as a delicacy there. So, if you’re someone hosting a holi party and planning the menu, Kolkata Mutton Cutlet is everything you need to impress your guests.
What Makes Kolkata Mutton Cutlets Special?
Heavily spiced minced mutton, drenched in oil, butter, and with some extra green chillies to add a character to the dish, the Kolkata Mutton Cutlet is a perfect serving during chai-time, casual snacking, or even at festivals. If you’re not fond of spices, you can always tone down the spice level. It is also coated with an additional layer of bread crumbs to give a wholesome crunchy experience.
Why don’t you cook it by yourself? Seems like a task? Well, not anymore! Here we have brought an easy-to-make but exciting recipe of Kolkata Mutton Cutlet, which can add fun to your holi party this year.
At Licious, you can order Mutton Keema obtained from boneless goat meat, which has been finely ground. This is perfect for preparing Kolkata Mutton Cutlets. So, if you’re planning to try out the amazing recipe of Kolkata Mutton Cutlets suggested by Licious, don’t forget to place your order of Mutton Keema.
Licious Mutton is directly sourced from government-approved farms, undergoes stringent quality checks, and is kept fresh at temperatures between 0 to 4℃ for freshness. If you like other cuts, visit our website by clicking on the button below and exploring our options.
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- 1 tsp bengali garam masala It includes green cardamom, mace, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg.
- 250 gm Licious Mutton Keema
- 1 or 2 finely chopped green chillies
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- Oil – For Frying
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp Crushed black pepper
- 1 potato mashed properly
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 beaten eggs
- Salt as required
- Put the mutton mince along with all the ingredients, excluding eggs and bread crumbs, in a bowl.
- Using a spoon or clean hands, mash everything finely and give the shape of your choice. Preferably, diamond.
- Spread the bread crumbs evenly on a plain tray.
- Pour a generous quantity of oil into the frying pan to fry cutlets.
- Once the oil is ready, carefully dip cutlets in the beaten egg, roll in the breadcrumbs, and slide it into the boiling oil.
- Once your cutlets are golden brown in colour, take them out carefully. Keep a check on the temperature so that you do not burn them.
- For the best experience, serve with tomato sauce, kashundi, and a cup of tea.
Festivals are a time to dive into your favourite snacks. And the Kolkata Mutton Cutlets are one of the most delicious Holi Mutton recipes everyone should indulge in. So, if you’re also looking for Mutton recipes to try out this holi, go for this one! Make sure you share your version of Kolkata Mutton Cutlets with us on Instagram using #MadeWithLicious and you could win Licious Cash