If you thought that roasted chicken was meant only for Christmas or Thanksgiving, think again! When it comes to satiating those taste buds, roasted chicken hits you differently. And when it is made with a heart full of love, there’s no specific occasion to enjoy it! Surprise your family with the ultimate feast which is simple and can be made with even the most basic home ingredients. Depending on your preference, roast chicken can be had as a main course or even a starter.
Juicy, Tender, Whole Roasted Chicken For Your Lunch/Dinner
Roast chicken is your ideal catch for a lazy afternoon or a decked-up evening. It tastes best when served with sauteed vegetables and creamy mashed potatoes by the side. Depending on your dietary needs, you can use various oils, like canola, truffle olive or pomace, to prepare this dish. It is one of the most versatile meals with truckloads of nutrients and minimal calories.
Before cooking, you need to ensure the chicken is soft and fresh to relish it to its fullest. The slightest of errors on this part may end up making your roast hard and difficult to chew, which would eventually spoil the whole purpose. Quality first!
That’s why we recommend our Whole Chicken. Licious chicken is sourced from government-approved biosecure farms and selected at the right weight and size, roughly 1.5 – 1.6 kgs for perfectly tender meat. Our expert meat technicians cut and clean the chicken, while keeping the skin perfectly intact, before vacuum-sealing it in tamper-proof packages. You never have to do any prep, just use the chicken straight out of the pack upon delivery!
If you’re not in the mood to marinate your own chicken or if you need a last-minute party meal, don’t fret, we have that covered too. Order our ready-to-cook Roast Chicken which comes in 3 different flavours: Thyme & Paprika, Sunday Roast Chicken & Stuffed Whole Roast Chicken. These Roasts are freshly marinated in delicious ingredients, all you need to do is follow the cooking instructions and roast them in the oven for the recommended time!
|Prep Time||45 minutes|
|Cook Time||1 hour|
- Licious Whole Chicken
- 1 teaspoon Chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon basil/thyme
- 60 ml red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 pinches powdered black pepper
- Salt as required
- 1/4 block unsalted butter/ghee if available
- 1 unit carrot (chopped in coins or diced)
- 1 unit onion chopped into small chunks
- 1 unit lemon sliced into two
- Pat dry the chicken.
- Preheat the oven at 200°C while marinating and prepping the whole chicken.
- This is the main step. Add salt and pepper adequately all over the chicken. Stuff the stomach with lime zest, garlic, and cover the exterior with a layer of unsalted butter.
- Add the wine vinegar, herbs, and some salt and pepper together and stir the mixture to give a rich taste to your chicken. Brush the chicken generously with this mixture.
- Toss all the chopped vegetables in a pan along with some herbs of your choice and sauté them in olive oil. Once lightly cooked, place them on the baking tray after brushing the tray lightly with olive oil. Now place the chicken on top of the vegetables.
- Once the chicken is loaded and stuffed properly, place the tray in the preheated oven and let it cook for 60-75 mins.
- Keep checking in between if the chicken is being cooked properly. Brush it with some molten butter if you see the chicken drying up.
Once everything is done, serve the chicken hot, with a portion of sauteed vegetables on the side. You can also add mashed potatoes and garlic bread or crackers to go with it. Enjoy your dinner over a glass of wine or your preferred drinks!
Don’t just wait there! Order a fresh, tender Whole Chicken and enjoy the most delectable ‘roasting’ experience!
And once you have made your favourite recipe, do not forget to upload it on Instagram and tag us with the #MadeWithLicious.