People often associate pickling with time-consuming labour and precise measurements, however, it can be really fun, easy and potentially a little side-hustle if you get good. So today, we have for you an easy, homemade spicy chicken pickle that goes with anything and everything you can imagine! Be it roti, bread, or rice, you’ll never fall short of deliciousness. It’s our guarantee!
The only catch here is to ensure that the chicken you order is fresh. No one wants chicken that is hard to chew – in our opinion, it is a dealbreaker.
For this recipe, we recommend using any of our chicken cuts because you will be boiling the chicken. If you want to preserve the stock for later, use one of our bone-in cuts, if not, go for a boneless option which will be easy to shred. One thing to note about Licious chicken is, it’s always fresh, never frozen. It is passed through 150+ safety & quality checks and cut & cleaned by expert meat technicians. Plus, we’ve done all the pre for you! Just open the pack and use the meat as is upon delivery.
- 1 kg Licious Chicken Curry Cut
- 1 ½ tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 2 cups red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 2 tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 2-3 Red chillies
- 4 tbsp mustard/canola oil
- ¾ cup salt
- 1 cup Lemon Juice
- 1/2 ginger finely chopped
- 1/2 cup poppy seeds
- 1-2 small Cinnamon Sticks
- 5-7 cloves
- 2-3 cardamom pods
- 3-4 Lemon Juice
- A little ghee to savour
- Boil the chicken in water separately and keep it aside.
- Keep some dry chillies, ginger garlic paste and fenugreek seeds aside for a rich paste later.
- Dry roast the spices in one pan (including the poppy seeds) for 5 mins and then add everything to the grinder and make a fine powder from these ingredients. It should give a strong aroma once crushed into powder form.
- Take oil in a pan, add ginger garlic paste, chilli powder, and turmeric, and then add the powder you made from all the dry spices. Cook them for 1 minute before adding the boiled chicken to the same vessel.
- Let it fry for a good 30 minutes and keep checking if the chicken is cooking uniformly on all sides. It should ideally turn into a brownish colour.
- In a separate pan, add some ghee, add the remaining fenugreek seeds, dry red chillies, ginger-garlic paste and chopped ginger, and cook for 1 minute until it becomes like a paste.
- Add the fried chicken to this paste and cook again for 20-30 mins.
- Ensure the oil from this mixture is present when you are done cooking.
- Add lemon juice to the entire thing, and let it cool.
- Put the chicken pieces in a clean, dry jar first and then add the oily spice mix all over the chicken.
Voila! It is ready! So now you have an uber-amazing, super-compatible food item to go with every mood of yours! If you are too lazy to make rice or roti, just toast a few pieces of bread, and your meal is set. Enjoy the spicy, tasty chicken pickle with anything and everything, and we guarantee that you will not be disappointed.
Drooling already? We get you! What are you waiting for? Don’t just wait there! Order a pack of fresh and juicy chicken from Licious and enjoy the perfect gastronomic extravaganza at the comfort of your own home!
And once you have made your favourite recipe, do not forget to upload it on Instagram and tag us with the #MadeWithLicious.