Get going with the fitness resolution for 2023 with a tasty, healthy and super easy-to-make high-protein snack—shrimp salad.
Eating healthy crosses everyone’s mind at least once in their life. And with the start of a new year, many people have resolved to indulge in healthy eating. Consuming fresh fruits and vegetables every day benefits the body, but one should also include protein to repair the muscles and improve overall health.
Among the many foods available, shrimp is one of the best sources of protein that can be consumed without guilt by every health enthusiast.
To ensure that people stick to their resolution to eat healthy, Licious offers a wide range of tasty seafood, including prawns.
All the prawns are sourced directly from government-licensed local fishermen on the west coast of India. People can make delicious and high-protein snacks such as a shrimp salad with tiger prawns, also known as seegadi in India. Its firm white flesh boasts a tender texture, and Licious delivers fresh, peeled and deveined prawns to help people focus on their preparation.
Licious is dedicated to assisting its customers in preparing every dish with utmost comfort by offering clean and hygienic products.
Why are tiger prawns special?
Among the many versions of delicious and protein-rich salads, this one, in particular, is light, tasty, refreshing and healthy. It is a mix of essential nutrients such as proteins, vitamins, minerals and more.
Here are some interesting facts about tiger prawns.
- A tiger prawn’s shell is an external skeleton that does not expand; hence, the prawns shed regularly to grow bigger.
- A female tiger prawn can release thousands of fertilised eggs after mating that hatch quickly.
- The high demand for tiger prawns has led to wide-scale aquaculture for the species across the globe.
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- 250 grams Licious Tiger Prawns Seegadi Extra Large
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 3 cups Romaine lettuce
- 4 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 100 ml oil
- In a large mixing bowl, marinate Licious tiger prawns with 1 tbsp of salt, ½ tsp black pepper and 1 tbsp lemon juice. Place it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Add oil, lemon juice, honey, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl. Mix well and keep it in a refrigerator.
- Heat olive oil in a pan at high flame, add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add marinated prawns and cook them for about 6- 8 minutes from both sides.
- In a salad bowl, shred romaine lettuce, top it with sauteed prawns and serve lemon vinaigrette on the side.
Don’t forget to try this easy high-protein snack at home. Order Tiger Prawns on Licious now and share this recipe with family and friends. Be sure to tag Licious with a picture on Instagram using #MadeWithLicious.