For people starting 2023 with new fitness goals, Licious is here to support their journey. Along with strength training and frequent gym sessions, one must consider what one eats. Diet can play a big role in a person’s overall fitness. For better fitness and strength, the dietitian might have recommended protein-rich foods.
Protein is commonly found in eggs, chicken and meat. Licious strives to support various dietary requirements with fresh, good-quality meat.
For good gut health, one must take a look at high-fibre foods. And this smashed avocado toast with egg recipe combines the goodness of protein-rich eggs with the high fibre and healthy fats found in avocados. Avocado toast with soft boiled eggs is a popular breakfast recipe, and for a good reason! It’s a hearty and filling dish that hits the tastebuds just right.
This recipe takes simple poached eggs and avocado toast and combines them to make a heavenly breakfast meal that’s a super fibre food.
What is avocado toast?
Avocado toast is an open sandwich made of mashed avocados on toasted bread. People can add different toppings to create refreshing versions of this beloved breakfast dish. For example, one can make avocado tomato toast with a soft boiled egg by adding chopped tomatoes to the avocado mash.
Making smashed avocado toast with soft boiled eggs
One can use Licious Classic Eggs for this recipe. These classic eggs from Licious are white-shelled, fresh and laid by healthy hens. The hens are raised on bio-secure farms and given natural, vegetarian feed. All the eggs at Licious are hand-checked thoroughly. They are carefully packed to ensure that they arrive safely at the doorstep.
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- Pack of 6 Licious Classic Eggs
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 3 ripe avocados
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6 slices of brown bread
- Add 6 Licious Classic Eggs to a saucepan filled with water.
- Boil them for exactly six minutes to get perfect soft-boiled eggs. Use a timer for accuracy.
- Then, immerse the eggs in cold water for 10 minutes.
- Once they cool down, peel the eggs, cut them in half and keep them aside.
- In a pan, heat some olive oil. Toast the slices of brown bread and add the minced garlic for more flavour.
- Peel the avocados and mash them in a bowl. One can directly mash them onto the toast as well.
- Next, arrange two halves of the boiled egg on each toast.
- Squeeze some lemon juice on top and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve fresh.
Make this delicious, high-fibre recipe for breakfast and kickstart the wellness journey this new year. Order the Licious Classic Eggs now to get started on the high-fibre avocado toast with soft boiled eggs!