You may have heard of spicy chicken lollipops time and again. It may also be your favourite chicken dish to order at a restaurant. You may have also craved for an extra lollipop whenever you were down to the last piece. So, what if we tell you that you can eat chicken lollipops to your heart’s content? Check out this spicy lollipop recipe, order some fresh lollipops from Licious and you’re ready to go!
This spicy chicken lollipop tastes as ravishing as it looks. It is the perfect chicken starter or appetiser to serve at a social dinner or housewarming party. You may think it’s very difficult to follow the sweet and spicy chicken lollipop recipe, but that is not the case.
What is a chicken lollipop?
The chicken lollipop is one of the most popular and widely consumed chicken appetisers in India. It is one of the many chicken dishes that are part of Indo-Asian cuisine. Chicken lollipops are not only popular in India, they are popular around the world. They are present in all sorts of Indian restaurants and form part of the appetiser list in Chinese restaurants.
The spicy chicken lollipop is every bit crispy and crunchy as it is tender. The tenderness and juiciness of the spicy lollipop can be felt in every bite. It is delicious, mouth-watering and colourful.
The lollipop is marinated with several spices to give it an irresistible taste. The marinated chicken is either deep-fried, grilled or baked. Before the spicy lollipop is cooked, flour or cornflour is added to make it crispy. The bone is then covered with aluminium foil and served hot!
At Licious, we have meat that is always fresh, never frozen available. Our chicken is raised on biosecure farms and handpicked at the right weight and size for tender meat. Licious lollipop chicken pieces are thoroughly trimmed by experts and cleaned so that they are ready to be cooked into a delicious spicy chicken lollipop with no extra effort from your side! Additionally, Licious chicken is free from added chemicals, hormones and antibiotic-residue, and is passed through 150+ quality checks so that you get only safe and fresh meat.
If you want to try different types of meat and cuts, check out our website!
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
- 500 gms Licious chicken lollipops
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- Salt as required
- 1/2 inch ginger
- A few cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp green chilli sauce
- 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1½ tsp red chilli sauce
- ¼ tsp ajinomoto (optional)
- 1 tbsp egg whites
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- The first step involves the marination of the chicken lollipops.
- Take a bowl and begin mixing egg whites, soy sauce, green chilli sauce, red chilli sauce, pepper, ginger and garlic. Mix well.
- To this mixture, add the chicken lollipops.
- Coat them thoroughly with the paste and leave them to marinate.
- After they've marinated enough (a couple of hours or overnight), take a wok and heat oil in it.
- When the oil is hot enough, add the cornstarch and flour to the chicken lollipop marinade to make a thick paste.
- Once they're coated enough, deep-fry the lollipops in the wok.
- Fry them until they're cooked well and become brown and crispy. Do not overcook.
- Serve hot with sauce or chutney of your choice.
If this got your tummy rumbling, then you definitely should try this drool-worthy spicy chicken lollipop recipe at home. Make sure to share your version of the chicken lollipop on Instagram with the hashtag #MadeWithLicious, and you could win Licious Cash!