There’s no specific mood to binge on some delicious and juicy, finger-licking good fried chicken. It is something anyone can make in their home-kitchens without stepping out of the house. It needs very basic ingredients, and trust us; you’ll thank us later!
Before proceeding with the recipe, you need to ensure the chicken is fresh and soft, ensuring the best snacking experience Get Licious fresh chicken delivered to your house, and the rest is all on you. You may have it while bingeing on a sitcom marathon, or toss it between two buns and make your version of a crispy, fried chicken burger and enjoy with a side of fries! Fried Chicken never disappoints!
The key to making the best fried chicken
Here’s a secret: cornstarch is one of the most recommended ingredients for the crispiest fried chicken. When you combine cornstarch and all-purpose flour in equal proportions, it gives the best results. You can also replace all of the flour with cornstarch, or those who are allergic to gluten can replace the all-purpose flour with any recommended flour type, as deemed suitable.
After mixing the flour, ensure that the chicken, previously prepared with buttermilk (described later in this recipe), is mixed uniformly in the flour mixture. Heating the oil to the perfect temperature is also equally important to get the perfect crisp. To ensure this, preheat the oil, and observe till the time bubbles appear. Then dip some of the flour and buttermilk mixture in the boiling oil, and check if it pops up and floats on the oil. If so, you are ready to go!
Licious Fresh Chicken
On our website, we have a number of cuts that would be suitable for fried chicken. When you order meats from Licious you can be guaranteed that it is always fresh, never frozen. All our meats also undergo 150+ safety & quality checks before being approved for delivery and are cut & cleaned by experts. Finally, you can get your chicken conveniently home-delivered and get cooking!
- Pat dry the chicken to remove excess water.
- Put the flour and corn starch in a large plastic bag. Mix the flour with all spices, especially paprika. Paprika helps to brown the chicken and add that extra dose of deliciousness to your dish.
- Dip the cleaned chicken pieces in buttermilk, one at a time. Ensure that the excess buttermilk is drained before transferring it to the flour mix. Coat the chicken on all sides with the flour and spice mixture.
- You need to place the coated chicken on a plate or a baking tray and cover it with a clean dish towel or waxed paper. You should ensure that the flour and the buttermilk have mixed together to make a uniform coating. This is the most important trick to make the perfect fried chicken.
- Preheat oil in a kadhai or a cast-iron skillet, about 1/3 to 1/2 full and check if it is hot enough. Add the chicken pieces carefully, and keep flipping the chicken until brown on all sides. When browned, reduce heat and cover the skillet; let cook for 30 minutes (the chicken will be cooked through but not crispy). Remove cover, increase the flame again and continue to fry until crispy.
- Drain the fried chicken carefully on paper towels.
- Enjoy your fried chicken with a serving of french fries and your favourite aerated beverage or any other beverage of your choice. Our recommendation: use a little garlic mayo and ketchup on the side and chill!
Don’t just wait there! Order a pack of fresh, Chicken Thighs and get going on your snacking bandwagon!
And once you have made your new favourite recipe, do not forget to upload it on Instagram and tag us with the #MadeWithLicious.