Tuscan chicken pasta is a go-to recipe whenever you desire something cheesy and filling. The authentic flavours of cream and cheese infuse well with bite-sized chicken pieces and the pasta.
The best thing is getting a lip-smacking pasta dish ready in just half an hour. This much-loved dish is perfect for house parties, get-togethers, or family dinners. It is sure to become the comfort food close to everyone’s heart.
Origin of Tuscan Chicken Pasta Recipe
Tuscan chicken pasta is originally an Italian dish inspired by the late 16th century way of cooking chicken in Tuscany. The chicken is cooked in heavy cream, butter, and parmesan cheese, giving the Tuscan chicken curry its rich, creamy flavour. Other ingredients include fresh spinach, dried herbs, and black pepper.
Tuscan chicken pasta is cooked using the same ingredients and base as Tuscan chicken curry. It is a satiating dish which combines chicken pieces, pasta, and spinach among other things. You can enjoy it with freshly baked bread or toast.
Which Chicken Cuts Are Best for Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta?
Pasta is best enjoyed with soft and tender chicken meat. For the Tuscan chicken pasta recipe, you should use boneless chicken cuts.
On our website, we have a few options that you can go for. Firstly, our Chicken Mini Bites are boneless pieces of chicken breast that have been specifically cut for dishes like pasta, therefore, it would be our first recommendation. However, if you enjoy leg pieces, we have our slightly larger Leg – Boneless Cubes.
Our experts select the right-sized chicken so that you get tender meat every time. Additionally, all our chicken and other meats are passed through 150+ safety & quality checks and temperature controlled for freshness, never frozen. The meat we deliver is precisely cut and cleaned by our meat technicians, so you do not have to waste time prepping the chicken.
|Prep Time||25 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 1 packet spaghetti
- olive oil
- ½ kg Licious Chicken Mini Bites Boneless, about
- salt to taste
- Black pepper powder to taste
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- leaves Basilfor garnish
- Fill a large pot with salted water and let it boil. Add pasta.
- While the pasta is boiling, marinate the chicken pieces with some olive oil and black pepper. Keep the chicken aside.
- After 10 minutes, check if the pasta is cooked. Reserve 1 cup of water and drain the rest.
- Run cold water on the pasta and drizzle over some olive oil. Keep pasta aside in a bowl.
- Heat a pan over the stove and add some olive oil and butter.
- Put the boneless chicken mini bites into the pan. Sprinkle some salt.
- Turn the chicken pieces and cook for 6 minutes on each side.
- Take out the chicken pieces and let them rest for 10 mins.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, and spinach to the same pan.
- Add salt and pepper and cook for 2 mins.
- Add heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and ½ cup of pasta water.
- Stir all the ingredients well and let it simmer for 5 mins.
- Now add the cooked pasta and chicken pieces to the pan.
- Toss it gently until everything is well combined.
- Garnish with basil leaves and serve.
Tips and tricks
Cook the pasta al dente as it will cook again with the chicken in the sauce. To make the dish healthier, add mushrooms, more spinach, and other vegetables. All pasta shapes—penne, spaghetti, bow, or shell—work well in the recipe. Make sure the base is not too hot when adding the cheese. Let us know if you make the simple, satisfying, creamy Tuscan chicken pasta by posting pics on Instagram and tagging us with #MadeWithLicious.