#MomChef: Manisha Patil
Craving #MaaKaKhana? Try out this delicious recipe that’s been lovingly shared with us as part of our Mother’s Day campaign. We’re sure you’ll feel this mother’s love on your plate when you eat it. Enjoy!
What’s so special about this dish? Here’s what Yuvraj has to say:
“It is mouthwatering and it’s authentic.”
Buy Rich Goat Curry Cut on Licious. Explore our website for a range of other mutton options to prepare your next delicious recipe!
- 1 kg mutton
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 large onions
- 100 ml refined oil
- 2 bayleaf
- 8-10 black pepper corns
- 3 cloves
- 6-7 green cardamom
- 1 inch cinamon
- 1 small tomato
- 3 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 50 g Dry coconut
- 2 tbsp Mutton masala
- Salt - to taste
- Coriander leaves
- Wash mutton and marinate with ginger garlic paste for 1 hour.
- To make the mutton masala, slice up the onion and grate the dry coconut and roast them till they brown up. Cool them and grind them to a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the chopped tomato to it. Fry it a while and add the masala paste you've made. Once the masala starts to release oil, add the mutton masala powder. Fry for a minute and set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pressure cooker. Add all the whole spices and the finely chopped onions to it. Once the onion has turned brown, add the marinated mutton, red chilli powder, turmeric, and coriander powder. Close the pressure cooker and give it two whistles.
- Once the pressure releases, add the fried masala and salt to taste, and cook till the mixture in the pressure cooker is completely dry.
- Turn off the heat and add the coriander leaves. Serve.