Hyderabad is known for its rich and diverse cuisine, and eggs are a popular ingredient in many of its traditional dishes. One of the most popular egg-based dishes from Hyderabad is the iconic Hyderabadi Egg Biryani, which is cooked with scrambled eggs or often includes hard-boiled eggs as well. Hyderabadi style Anda Curry is also famous, it is made with a spicy tomato-based sauce and boiled eggs.
But today we will talk about Hyderabadi Ande Ka Khagina and give you the exact recipe to cook this. Before beginning, it is important to know that all of the Hyderabadi dishes are known for their bold and flavorful spices, which include a combination of ginger, garlic, chilli powder, turmeric, and more. So make sure you are well stocked with these!
What is Hyderabadi Ande Ka Khagina?
Hyderabadi Ande Ka Khagina (Hyderabadi Egg Khagina) is a popular dish from the Indian city of Hyderabad. It is a spicy and flavorful dish made with eggs and various spices.
The Hyderabadi Ande Ka Khaginal is quite reminiscent of the popular Middle Eastern dish Shakshuka since it features whole eggs poached in an onion and tomato stew. This dish is fantastic for lunch or dinner and a great choice for breakfast as well. In many Hyderabadi families, this is cooked in two different ways under the same name. Except for onions, only eggs are required as a basic pantry essential. This can be paired with other Hyderabadi foods like Arbi ka Khatta, and Khatti Daal, among other side dishes.
Licious Eggs: Just what you need for this delicious dish!
For this recipe, the eggs should be fresh. Licious can provide fresh Classic Eggs to you for this recipe right at your doorstep, and you would be assured that they are collected from chickens, who are fed a healthy diet. Thus, the eggs coming from Licious are high in protein and vitamins, making them a perfect addition to any breakfast or meal.
Each carton of eggs contains a dozen eggs, and they are packaged in a sturdy carton to ensure they stay fresh during transport. The eggs are also clearly labelled with the date they were collected, so you know you’re getting fresh eggs.
If you are prepared to make the Hyderabadi Ande Ka Khagina recipe, you can just place the order from this link and you won’t be disappointed!
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- 6 Eggs
- 1 Large onion finely chopped
- 2 Tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 Green Chilies finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Paste
- 1/2 tsp Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt - to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- Fresh Coriander Leaves for garnish
- Heat oil in a pan and add the chopped onion. Fry until golden brown.
- Add the ginger and garlic paste and fry for a few seconds.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, green chillies, red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, and salt. Fry until the tomatoes are soft.
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl, making sure to remove any minute egg shells that might enter the bowl. You can keep the egg yolks intact or beat the eggs with salt.
- Pour the eggs into the pan, cover the pan and cook for about 5 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with roti or rice.
Enjoy your delicious Hyderabadi Ande Ka Khagina and don't forget to share pictures of your breakfast of the day on social media and tag us!