The world is known for a variety of sandwich versions and oh, how good they all taste! One such popular version of sandwiches is the club sandwich. Filled with the goodness of vegetables, sauces, and more, the layers of bread and fillings in this particular sandwich are worth a try. A Chicken Club Sandwich Recipe acts as nothing less than a meal and it makes for a perfect food to be enjoyed for lunch or dinner.
Get the perfect, fresh chicken cuts from Licious
To make a Chicken Club Sandwich Recipe you can use different chicken cuts. However, to enjoy wholesome and fulfilling bites from the start to the end, the thinly sliced chicken breast fillets make for the ideal cut. They are placed neatly throughout the bread along with the vegetables, giving you a heavenly taste in every bite. At Licious, you can find the best chicken breast fillet thinly sliced that is fresh and antibiotic residue free. The cuts are temperature controlled between 0-4°C and not frozen to retain freshness. They are safe for consumption as each chicken product undergoes 150+ quality and food safety checks. They are then hygienically vacuum-packed to be delivered to your doorstep.
So, wait no further and get Licious chicken breast fillet thinly sliced online to whip up a delicious Club Chicken Sandwich Recipe at home.
What is Chicken Club Sandwich Recipe and what makes it healthy?
As interesting as the preparation method of the club sandwich is, equally interesting are the stories of how it derived its name. One story says that the sandwich was born in 1894 in Saratoga Springs, New York. This exclusive gambling house is also called the Saratoga Club House, hence the name, club sandwich. Another story suggests that the sandwich was invented by Fraser Scrutton by combining two toasted pieces of Graham bread with one layer each of turkey and ham in between at the Union Club of New York City.
Well, whatever the story may be, we are happy that this sandwich exists, and for all the good reasons!
A club sandwich is not only tasty but also a Healthy Chicken Sandwich Recipe as it contains enough protein from the lean chicken meat.
The addition of vegetables in the sandwich makes it a good source of nutrients. Club sandwiches, when eaten in proportion and less carb-rich sauces can help you maintain your fitness diet.
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||60 Minutes|
- 450 grams of Licious chicken breast fillet thinly sliced
- Bread of choice (White, brown, multi-grain)
- 2 Tomatoes thinly sliced
- garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Pepper
- ½ tsp Chilli flakes
- cheese slices
- Fresh lettuce leaves
- Fresh Coriander Leaves
- 1 tbsp butter
- In a large bowl, add the chicken fillets along with salt and pepper and marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour
- Heat up the grill and carefully place the chicken fillets. Allow them to cook on both sides and get brown char marks and a smoky flavour. Rub butter on the chicken fillets as they cook. Once done, set aside for about 15 minutes to let the juices set in and you get tender, moist chicken pieces
- In a bowl, add the mayonnaise, tomatoes, garlic, paprika, chilli flakes, and coriander leaves and mix well
- Toast three bread slices (or don’t if you don’t like toasted bread)
- Add the mayonnaise mix generously on each bread slice followed by, lettuce leaves and cheese slices
- Slice the chicken fillets in long cute and carefully add the pieces to the first and second bread slices
- Cut the bread in half in the shape of a triangle and serve with your favourite beverage or sauce
Do try this Simple Chicken Sandwich Recipe at home and tag us with a picture using #MadeWithLicious.