Do you know that the two most popular cafe sandwiches in french cuisine are: Croque Monsieur and Croque Madame? Well, the versatile pack of proteins – eggs, and chicken serves two functions: it’s a terrific way to start our mornings and it’s a robust and nutritious evening meal. A cheesy grilled sandwich topped with a luscious béchamel sauce and a runny poached egg, stuffed with fresh, delectable Chicken Salami can make for a quick, exquisite treat. Here we have a delicious, decadent and crispy Croque Madame Recipe.
The BEST Croque Madame
Both Croque Monsieur and Croque Madame are grilled sandwiches with meat and cheese. “Croque” means “crunch” or “crunchy” in French. The Croque-Monsieur differs from the Croque-Madame in that the Madame is topped with a fried egg. The yolk, bordered by a white rim, is said to resemble a woman’s hat!
Easy Croque Madame
It all begins with perfectly toasted thick pieces of bread, which are then covered with mouthwatering salami, delightful cheese, and creamy runny eggs. And there you have it, Croque Madame, a traditional French comfort meal. The trick to making a flawless Croque Madame is to get the ingredients and the recipe right.
Here are some pointers:
- Bread – Any bread will work, but we prefer thin white sandwich bread for the best stacked grilled cheese.
- Croque Madame is created using high-quality cheeses such as gruyere and parmesan. Substitutes may include Emmental, Jarlsberg, or Beaufort cheese, or just use your favourite cheese, keeping in mind that it may vary from the traditional French method.
- Chicken Salami – The salamis should be lean, well-cut, and perfectly seasoned.
So, if you’re looking for great Salami and fresh eggs to make this sandwich, visit our website and we’ll home delivery ASAP.
Licious Eggs & Salami
At Licious, we have a few Salami options for you to choose from. Today, we’ll talk about our Peppery Chicken Salami. From our Nakhrebaaz master chefs comes our Peppery Chicken Salami. A delicious ready-to-cook treat for all meat lovers. These flavourful slices of meat are spiced with black pepper and red chilli powder and are a perfect addition to your pizza, sandwich, burger, or salad. Made from fresh chicken meat and spices like black pepper, and paprika, it will add a lot of flavour to any sandwich.
We also have farm-fresh eggs, which are laid by healthy hens and contain no hormones or antibiotic residue. Additionally, our eggs are crack-free and stored at ideal temperatures to maintain freshness. Choose from Brown, Classic, Kadaknath, Quail Eggs & more.
So get your chicken salami today and make the flavoursome Croque Madame with the recipe below.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 5 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 8 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- ¼ cups of regular flour
- 1 litre of whole milk
- 4 whole eggs and 2 divided egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg powder
- 12 slices White Bread
- 8 slices Licious Peppery Chicken Salami
- 8 gruyère or parmesan cheese slices
- 4 teaspoons of olive oil
- To make the béchamel sauce, melt 5 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepot over medium heat. Stir in the flour gradually with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Cook the mixture for 2-3 minutes, keeping an eye on it to prevent it from burning. Heat the milk in a separate saucepot until it is just about to boil.
- Stir in the hot milk one cup at a time into the butter mixture. Cook and stir regularly, for 12 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Stir in 1 egg yolk at a time, then the other. Season with salt and nutmeg to taste. Preheat the oven to 150°C.
- Assemble the sandwich by generously spreading béchamel sauce on four pieces of bread. Cover with the remaining bread pieces after topping two slices with chicken salami and cheese.
- Melt the remaining 8 tablespoons of butter and brush it on both sides of the sandwiches. Fry sandwiches till golden brown in a hot cast iron pan or on a griddle. Top the sandwiches with extra béchamel sauce and place them in the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese bubbles.
- While the sandwiches are heating up, heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a big pan over medium heat. Fry the remaining four eggs until the whites are set and the edges are starting to brown, but the yolks are still runny. Top your sandwiches with the fried eggs.
Order fresh, Peppery Chicken Salami from Licious and enjoy the French classic right at your home. Do click a few pictures for Instagram before you tuck in. Tag us using #MadeWithLicious, we'd love to see your dishes.