Goan Prawn Curry is a deliciously spicy and sour curry. Its unique flavor comes from tamarind and coconut milk. If you’re someone who adores a spicy taste, this dish might be it for you.
To give your Goan dish a divine touch, begin prepping for this delicious recipe by ordering the freshest prawns in town! It is always chilled between 0-4°C, never frozen. This allows the prawns to retain its juicy tenderness all the way to your doorstep!
Buy Medium Prawn online from Licious to prepare scrumptious Goan Prawn Curry at home. Explore our website to buy seafood online and master your culinary skills with delectable seafood recipes.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 8-10 dried Kashmiri Red Chillies
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp Whole peppercorns
- 1 tbsp whole Coriander Seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp small knob of Tamarind
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 1 cup coconut milk
For the curry:
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp finely minced ginger
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Tomatoes
- Salt - to taste
- 8-10 Curry leaves
For the curry:
- Grind all the ingredients mentioned under ground masala to a smooth paste and set aside.
- In a pan, heat coconut oil and add ginger and onions. Saute the onions till they turn light golden brown and add tomatoes. Cook the tomatoes for 5-7 minutes till they break down easily with the back of a spoon.
- Add the ground masala and salt to the pan and bring it to a boil. Reduce the flame and simmer the masala for 10-15 minutes till the colour deepens slightly.
- Add the prawns to the gravy and cook them for 7-8 minutes. Sprinkle curry leaves on top, mix well and turn off the heat.
- Let the curry rest for 5 minutes before serving with steamed rice.