Involve your whole family for a day of cook-in. This Hyderabadi Dum Chicken Curry is sure to satisfy your cravings as a stand-alone curry.
Begin prepping for this creamy delight by ordering fresh Tender Spring Chicken Curry Cut online from Licious! Chilled at a temperature between 0-4°C, the meat remains fresh throughout its journey to your doorstep!
Explore our website to buy chicken online and master your culinary skills with other delectable chicken recipes.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||1 hour|
|Passive Time||2 hours|
- 1.5 kg Tender Spring Chicken Curry Cut
- cup ½Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Red Chili Powder
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Garam masala powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 large onions (finely chopped)
- 1 Large onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 inches ginger
- 8-10 cloves garlic
- 1-2 Green Chilies (or to taste)
- ½ cup oil (divided)
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 inch stick cinnamon
- 3 green cardamom
- 3 cloves
- 1 piece small mace
- 2 tbsp Tomato paste
- 15 Cashew nuts (powdered)
- 1 cup water
- Salt - to taste
- 2 tbsp Cilantro leaves (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Mix together the ingredients for the marinade and coat the chicken pieces liberally. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Make a fine paste with ginger, garlic and green chilies. Set aside.
- Fry the sliced onion in 3-4 tbsp oil till golden brown and crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- Heat the rest of the oil in a large thick-bottomed pan. Add bay leaves, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and mace. Allow to crackle and become fragrant. Now add the onion paste and sauté on medium heat till thick and light golden, 15-20 minutes.
- Add ginger-garlic-chili paste and sauté for a couple of minutes till cooked. Add the fried onion (reserving 2 tbsp for later) and tomato paste. Mix well, stir, and cook till you see the oil starting to separate at the sides.
- Now add the marinated chicken and any leftover marinade juices. Toss with the masala and cook on medium-high for a few minutes to seal the meat juices.
- Add the powdered cashews and stir well to combine. Add a cup of water and check seasoning. Cover and cook on low till chicken is tender, around 30 minutes. Open lid and reduce gravy further if desired. Ideally, the curry should be very thick.
- Sprinkle the reserved fried onions, chopped cilantro and lemon juice on top.
- Serve hot with chapathis or steamed rice.