Get started with the mutton biryani recipe by ordering the freshest mutton in town! Hygienically vacuum-packed before being delivered within 90 minutes, our mutton stays fresh and chilled throughout, allowing you to get started on your cooking immediately.
Buy Rich Goat Meat online on Licious. Explore our website for a range of other Licious Mutton options to prepare your next delicious recipe with Licious!
- 250 g Rich Goat Curry Cut Large
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- Salt - to taste
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 stick Cinnamon
- 2 cardamom
- 2 cloves
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- 1 medium tomatoes (chopped)
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- 3 green chillies (slit)
- ¼ cup Plain yogurt
- 10 Mint leaves (roughly chopped)
- 5 sprigs Coriander leaves (roughly chopped)
- Lemon juice for garnish
- Soak the rice for half an hour before you start cooking.
- In a pressure cooker, add the meat along with all the dry, powdered spices and cook it in 1 1/2 cups of water on medium flame for about 20 minutes. Remove it from heat after approximately 15 whistles.
- Add cinnamon, cloves and cardamom to hot oil in another pressure cooker. Sauté the onions before adding tomatoes, ginger garlic paste, curd and green chillies. Continue sautéing till oil starts to separate from the mix.
- Now add the basmati rice after completely draining it. To this, add the meat along with the gravy, and add some more water.
- Close the lid and pressure cook on high flame until the first whistle and then on low flame for about 3-4 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let the pressure release naturally. The heat inside will slowly bring out more flavours without overcooking it.
- Garnish with some coriander and squeeze a few drops of lemon on top. Serve hot along with onion raitha and salan.