Mango Fish Curry (also known as Meen Manga Curry) is another signature dish from Kerala that will never disappoint your taste buds. A perfect combination of ripe and raw mangoes, coconut and ginger make this curry a total hit. To know how to make this fish curry, take a look at the recipe below.
Buy Fish Steaks online on Licious. Explore our website for a range of other fresh seafood options such as Fish, Prawns and Crabs and prepare your next delicious recipe with Licious!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 500 gms Fish Steaks
- 2 tsp Coconut Oil
- ¼ tsp Mustard Seeds
- ¼ tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 2 Sprigs Curry Leaves
- 1 inch ginger finely minced
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 3 tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ripe tomato chopped
- 1 raw mango chopped
- ½ cup Fresh Coconut
- In a pan, heat coconut oil and add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds and let them splutter. Add ginger, green chillies and curry leaves. Sauté for about 10 seconds and then add onions. Sauté until the onions turn soft.
- In a small cup, add all the powdered spices and add ¼ cup of water to make a paste. Add this paste, tomato and salt to the pan. Sauté for a couple of minutes and add the mangoes along with a cup of water. Bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, grind coconut with ½ cup of water into a fine paste. Add this to the curry along with fish and simmer for about 10-12 minutes on medium flame. Switch off the flame and let the curry rest for about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot with plain white steamed rice.
You can use shallots instead of onions for this recipe to try another variation in taste.
Share your version of this recipe
Have you tried the spicy Keralan Mango fish curry? If yes, then share your version of the recipe with us.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I brighten the colour of the fish curry?
You can use Kashmiri red chilli powder to brighten the colour of the fish curry.
What fish is best for the curry?
You can use salmon, seer, pollock or pomfret fish for this curry.