What crosses your mind when you hear about Fish Pickle? The first thing that comes in is that it seamlessly blends with everything possible and possesses several exciting health benefits. Well, you are more than correct. Apart from being very good for health, it is spicy yet tasty. Often, you’ll find yourself searching for fish pickles online or how to make fish pickle, isn’t it? Well, we at Licious are here to help you.
We have a simple yet delightful Fish Pickle recipe to add flavours to your dining table, family parties, or other social gatherings. It serves as one of the best side servings, which can enhance the overall food flavour and leave your guests craving for more. Let us tell you, this delicious pickle is exceptionally famous not just in India but globally.
What is Fish Pickle?
Fish pickle is a simple but popular side serving that compliments every meal with its impactful flavours. If you’re feeling lazy to cook the entire meal, this pickle can save the day for you. The freshly prepared mix of exotic species, oil, ghee, ginger paste, and yellowfin tuna together works the best to prepare the pickle. In Kerala, India, this pickle is a part of the daily menu served with biryani, parathas, rice, and many more dishes.
Apart from satisfying your taste buds, fish pickle has a lot of surprising, hidden benefits. Here are fish pickle benefits –
- It is a high source of carbohydrates, fibres, proteins, fat, vitamins, energy, and sugar.
- It works as a source of antioxidants and probiotics which help digestion.
If you’re looking for an easy yet delicious recipe to add an extra layer of deliciousness to your evenings, then try the fish pickle recipe below.
Yellowfin Tuna (Kera) Small – Boneless Cubes
Our freshwater, Yellowfin Tuna Boneless Cubes are an ideal ingredient for preparing fish pickles. Firstly, the pieces are cut and cleaned by experts, making them ready to use straight out of the pack. Secondly, these are bite-sized pieces without bones, so they are easy to eat. Additionally, all our fish is caught daily and delivered within 24 hours. Our fish contains no added chemicals or hormones, they are temperature controlled for freshness and never frozen.
The boneless cubes are an ideal fit for fish pickles and will make your cooking hassle-free. If you want to explore different options of meat or want other cuts, click on the button below.
|Prep Time||40 minutes|
- 500 gms Fish boneless cubes
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 inch ginger
- 15 cloves
- 8-10 pieces Green Chilli
- 5 sprigs Curry leaves
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp Mustard
- ½ tsp Fenugreek seeds (Uluva) - roasted and powdered
- ½ tsp Hing/ Asafoetida powder
- 4 tbsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- ½ cup Gingelly oil/ Coconut Oil
- 1+½ tsp salt
- ½ cup Vinegar
- ½ cup Hot water
- Marinate the boneless fish cubes with ½ tsp turmeric powder and salt.
- Once marinated, keep the bowl aside for half an hour.
- Chop the ginger finely, slit the green chillies, and cut the garlic top off.
- Take a bowl and make a smooth paste of ingredients like chilli powder, turmeric powder, hing/asafoetida powder, salt, and roasted uluva/fenugreek powder.
- In a heated pan, fry pieces of fish and garlic till they turn golden brown.
- Fry curry leaves in the hot oil and strain after 3-5 seconds.
- Add mustard and ginger garlic paste.
- Add the spice paste and fry well.
- Add vinegar to the pan and bring to a boil.
- On a low flame, add fried pieces of fish.
- Put fried ginger, garlic, and chillies in the pan.
- Coat each fish piece with the mixture.
- Let it cook for 1-2 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Add salt, if required.
If you are craving a delicious restaurant-like fish pickle, try out this easy recipe of a fish pickle made with tuna, and surprise seafood lovers in your family with this delicacy. Make sure you share your version of a fish pickle with us on Instagram using #MadeWithLicious; we would love to see you enjoying this dish.