Mutton Liver is a nutrient-dense food. It is packed with essential nutrients such as proteins, vitamins and minerals and hence can be a healthy component in your diet. Here we share a classic Goat Liver Fry recipe that you can try making at home. Check it out below.
Buy Fresh Mutton online on Licious. Explore our website for a range of other fresh red meat options for lamb or goat cuts such as goat ribs, lamb legs, soup bones and more! Prepare your next delicious recipe with Licious!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 500 gms Mutton Liver
- 8 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 leaves bay
- 2 dried red chillies
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp Garam masala powder
- 1 tsp tandoori masala powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp desi ghee
- 4 cloves
- 1 Black cardamom
- 2 green cardamom
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 2 Medium-Size Onions
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves chopped
- 1 medium-size Tomato chopped
For Goat Liver Fry
For Garam Masala
- Add the mutton liver chunks to a bowl and wash them thoroughly. Keep them aside.
- Dry roast the whole spices. Then let them cool. Take a blender and add the dry spices, onion, ginger-garlic paste, tomatoes and coriander leaves. Blend them into a paste.
- Take a non-stick pan and add some oil to it. Then add cumin seeds, bay leaves and dried red chillies. Once the cumin seeds start to splutter, add the garam masala paste and onion. Sauté the ingredients over medium-flame for over 2 minutes. Add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder and tandoori masala. Mix well. Then add the liver chunks, salt and tomato. Cover the pan and let the chunks cook for 5 minutes on low flame. Uncover the pan and add garam masala on the top. Sauté the chunks. Cover the pan and let them cook for 5 more minutes. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Make sure not to overcook the liver chunks, as they might turn hard.
Share your version of this recipe
How do you make Goat Liver Fry at home? What ingredients do you use? Share your version with us!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make Goat Liver Fry in the pressure cooker?
Yes. You can make the recipe in the pressure cooker. You can mix the garam masala paste and the liver chunks. Add water and then pressure-cook the chunks.
How do I remove the strong smell of the liver chunks?
You can soak the liver chunks in a mixture of water and vinegar for about 30 minutes. This not only removes the strong smell but also cleanses the liver chunks of any impurities and makes it more palatable.