Who doesn’t like to taste chic, classic, and royal cuisine once in a while? In a country like India that boasts of royalty, heritage, art, and culture in every nook and corner, you generally find cuisines that reflect the same. Shahi mutton rolls are no exception to the rule. You may find it in every upmarket restaurant in your city. But it will not remain limited to the same. So, experience royalty at home now.
If you’re wondering how then don’t worry! We, at Licious, got you covered. We’ve curated easy, step-by-step instructions to make the shahi mutton roll at home with minimum effort. You can serve this at any social gathering at your home and be a party star!
What are Mutton Shahi Rolls?
There is no proof of the actual origin of the Indian mutton roll. It can be traced back to ancient times when the Mughals ruled India. More mutton was consumed, which is probably how the royal mutton roll originated.
The mutton roll recipe uses minimal ingredients like cheese slices and a blend of spices like red chilli, black pepper, and garam masala powder. All such ingredients make the Indian mutton roll aromatic, juicy, flavorful, and rich in spices and herbs.
If you’re looking for a simple, subtle, yet royal recipe that will impress your friends and family, then this mutton roll recipe is the one for you.
At Licious, we deliver fresh lamb right to your doorstep. Our meat is passed through 150+ safety & quality checks. Additionally, the meat is always fresh, never frozen. To achieve this, it is temperature-controlled between 0-4°C. Our mutton is pasture-raised and chosen at the right weight and size for tender meat. It is cleaned thoroughly and then ground to perfection so you can use it for all your recipes without hassle. It is ideal for rolls, and curries, among other things.
If you’re looking for lamb mince, tap on the button below and place your order.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- Take a large mixing bowl and add the lamb pieces to it.
- Add coriander leaves, butter, salt, black pepper, and ginger garlic paste.
- Mix it all well. Now, add breadcrumbs to the mixture.
- Once the mixture is prepared, make sure it is not very hard.
- Start making balls out of the same.
- Take a chopping board and apply oil to it.
- Roll the earlier prepared balls into a round thick spread with your hands or a rolling pin.
- Make it as thick as a Tikki.
- Once done, put the cheese slice over the round Tikki. Fold it over with a knife.
- Grill these till they are cooked properly.
- Now, make roti with all-purpose flour, salt, and water. Cook all sides till it is done.
- Spread the roti and put the prepared lamb tikka on it. Top up with cheese slices and mint chutney.
- Roll the roti now. Serve hot!
- Serve with raita on the side.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
If this stimulates your hunger, then hit the kitchen to make this delicious mutton roll at home. Share your version with us on Instagram using #MadeWithLicious!