The cricket final is looming, but it’s at 8 pm, and if you want energy to cheer for your team, you need something substantial – cue our ready-to-cook Oriental Basil Chicken.
Thai cuisine is one of the richest and most flavorful cuisines in the world. One of the most popular recipes that falls under the umbrella of Thai Recipes is the basil chicken recipe. It serves as one of the most widely-eaten snacks in East Asia.
Although this dish can be eaten on its own, many people prefer to eat it with rice. Rice completes the authenticity and richness of the basil chicken recipe. Basil chicken and rice are made for each other as this dish has more potential than being just an appetiser or snack. If can serve it at your cricket party you’ll win many accolades from our guests.
Now, you may wonder how you can make Indian basil chicken. Well, worry not! We, at Licious, are here at your service. You can twist and tweak this Thai recipe and add a desi touch to it. We have curated a detailed guide on how you can do that.
What is Basil Chicken?
Basil Chicken refers to boneless chicken pieces that are combined with a variety of vegetables, spices, and herbs to yield the authentic Thai taste. This dish is widely consumed all over Thailand and continues to be one of the most popular street foods in East Asia. It is also found in China and Japan and is established as a personal favourite of many.
To make Basil Chicken, boneless chicken pieces are combined with ginger, garlic, onion, and basil leaves. To top it off, several sauces like oyster sauce and soy sauce are added which give a much-needed warmth and spice to the recipe. If you’re looking for an authentic, flavorful, and fulfilling recipe, then you should try the oriental chicken recipe.
Licious Oriental Basil Chicken
At Licious, we offer ready-to-cook Oriental Basil Chicken. The Oriental Basil Chicken consists of boneless pieces of chicken marinated in a variety of spices and herbs. Our chefs use a tried and tested authentic recipe and fresh meats & ingredients to bring you this ready-to-cook delight. It can be cooked in under 10 to 15 minutes and pairs well with basil fried rice. Our ready-to-cook range contains no artificial preservatives. Order basil chicken from our website or browse other cuts and varieties by tapping the button below.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- Take the Oriental Basil Chicken in a bowl or plate and gently massage and warm it. This will replenish the marinade of the product.
- Take a non-stick pan and add oil to it.
- Add the pieces of chicken and let it cook.
- Do this for 4-5 minutes while you continually flip it. After flipping, add ¼ cup of water.
- Cover it and cook for 3-4 minutes. Keep it aside.
- In the same pan, heat 1 tbsp more oil and add onions, green chillies, garlic, and ginger to it. Let them cook.
- Take the egg and crack it into this mixture. Mix well.
- Cook it for 10 minutes.
- Add the rice to the mixture while you stir and mix continually.
- Add the Oriental Basil Chicken back into the mixture.
- Serve hot and garnish with coriander!
Tips and Tricks:
Do not add excessive water to the Oriental Basil Chicken. Do not over fry the vegetables. Add only one egg to the mixture.
Serve alongside chutney or raita. This can go well with curd as well. If this stimulates your taste buds, give the basil chicken recipe at home. Share your pictures with us on Instagram using #MadeWithLicious.