Chicken that is both tender and fiery is bliss on a plate for a foodie! If you prefer food that is high on the heat chart, then this spicy chicken recipe is just what you need. In this recipe, juicy chicken pieces are flavour packed with the best of Indian spices and chilli. Check out the recipe below.
Buy Chicken Leg – Curry Cut online on Licious. Explore our website for a range of other fresh chicken options such as Chicken Drumsticks, Chicken Thighs and Curry cuts and prepare your next delicious recipe with Licious!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 75 ml Mustard Oil
- 1 tsp Onion Seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tbsp garlic chopped
- 200 gms onion chopped
- 150 gms Tomatoes chopped
- 1 tsp ginger chopped
- 2-3 green chillies slit
- 2 tbsp Curry leaves
- 1 kg chicken leg pieces
- 1 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp black pepper crushed
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder roasted
- A pinch black salt
- Take a pan and heat mustard oil in it. Once it is hot enough, add the onion seeds and fennel seeds. As they start turning aromatic, add chopped garlic and sauté for a minute. Then, add chopped onion, tomatoes, ginger and green chillies. Sauté the mixture until the onions turn translucent and the tomatoes are cooked.
- Take a small tempering pan and heat some oil in it. Fry the curry leaves. Once fried, set them aside and then roughly crush them.
- Slightly crush the tomatoes as they are cooking, add the tomato paste. Next, add the chicken cubes and sauté them in the mixture.
- Add the powdered spices such as red chilli powder, cumin powder, crushed pepper, and salt. Mix the ingredients, cover the pan with a lid and cook the chicken on low flame for 10 minutes. Sprinkle some black salt and give it a stir. Then, add crushed curry leaves on top with fresh coriander and serve hot.
For more flavour, you can marinate the chicken in yogurt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt.
Share your version of this recipe
How do you make Spicy Chicken at home? What kind of ingredients do you use to make your chicken spicier? Share your version with us!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I add more spices?
Yes. You can add more spices such as cinnamon and cloves to this recipe.
Can I use mint leaves for garnishing?
Yes. You can use mint leaves for garnishing.