Fire up the grill and make your favourite Barbecued Chicken Kebabs recipe! Tender, juicy, spice-rubbed BBQ chicken infused with fragrant and exotic spices is well-loved! Chicken kebab lovers state that the dish originated from the mediaeval Turkic troops who grilled meat with their swords in open fires. In the days of the Delhi Sultanate, royal residences offered chicken kebabs to their guests. Even ordinary people ate kebabs and parathas for breakfast, while the naan and other assorted kebabs were also famous in Mughal India.
Barbecued Chicken Kebabs
Kebabs were a natural nutritional option for Turkish nomads. However, the culinary history of these kebabs stretches worldwide, and each race and nation have added its distinctive touch. The Indian kebab blended Turkish and Iranian tastes and techniques and was introduced first by the Mughals. Later, other favourite ingredients were added to cater to different tastes.
Chicken Kebab Recipe – For Grill
Several barbeque sauces are available, but the best ingredients are derived from freshly roasted aromatic ingredients. The Indian barbeque masala recipe is all about being incredible in its aroma and appearance. However, the main component of the Indian barbeque chicken recipes remains high-quality chicken. If you’re looking for fresh, boneless chicken that has been cut & cleaned for convenience, visit our website.
At Licious, all our chicken is sourced from biosecure farms and contains no hormones or antibiotic residue. Additionally, our chicken and other meats are passed through 150+ quality checks and never frozen.
For this recipe, we recommend our Chicken Leg – Boneless Cubes. These bite-sized pieces are the perfect size for barbecuing and will not dry out easily.
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||90 minutes|
- 1 pack Licious Chicken Leg - Boneless Cubes
- 7-8 cloves
- ½ teaspoon of black peppercorns
- ½ cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds
- 1 inch ginger
- 7-8 garlic cloves
- 4 green chillies
- A handful of mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Salt - to taste
- ½ teaspoon jaggery powder
- The juice of ½ a lime
- 2 tablespoons of ghee
For Chicken Marinade
- Keep the sliced onions and 1 green chilli in a dish with the malt vinegar aside.
- Prick one or two places into the chicken cubes so the spices seep in easily
- In a skillet, dry roast the whole spices for the chicken marinade.
- Put the spices in a mixer jar and grind until finely ground.
- The ginger, green chillies and garlic should be dry roasted.
- Combine this with the powder and crush it into a smooth paste.
- Add some mint leaves, jaggery, and the juice of half a lime to this spice mixture.
- Rub the chicken with a couple of tablespoons of ghee and the marinade.
- Chill the marinated chicken for 2 hours. Allow the chicken to come to room temperature before seasoning with salt.
- Lightly oil a grill and heat to medium-high. Grill the chicken for 8-10 minutes, flipping every few minutes until each side is well browned and slightly scorched, and the chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- To keep the chicken moist and tender, brush it with the remaining marinade and ghee.
- Serve with the sliced onion salad and lemon wedges.
Make this barbequed chicken kebab with tender, fresh and high-quality chicken from Licious. If you enjoy making this recipe, click a few photos and share them on Instagram using #MadeWithLicious.