If you’re looking for a good chicken curry recipe, Chicken Handi is a great place to start. It’s rich and delicious and can easily be put together even on a weeknight.
Prepare for this recipe by ordering the freshest chicken in town! Always chilled between 0-4°C, never frozen and delivered to you within 90 minutes!
Buy Chicken Curry Cut online from Licious to prepare scrumptious Chicken Handi at home. Explore our website to buy chicken online and master your culinary skills with delectable chicken recipes.
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 1.25 kg Tender Spring Chicken Curry Cut
- 3 tbsp cashews
- 1/2 cup hot water for soaking the cashews
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 Tomato (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Mint leaves (chopped)
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp yogurt
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp to 3/4coriander powder
- 3 tbsp butter/oil
- 2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 2 cloves
- 1/2 inch Cinnamon
- 2 green cardamoms
- Soak cashews in half a cup of hot water for 30 minutes and grind them to a fine paste. Mix yogurt and set this paste aside.
- Heat butter/oil in a handi. Add the whole spices - cinnamon, green cardamom, and cloves. Lightly fry till it emanates a good aroma. Add finely chopped onions and fry till golden brown in color. Add the ginger-garlic paste. Once cooked, add the chopped coriander and mint leaves. Stir and saute for a minute.
- Add the chicken pieces and saute till light brown on all sides. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt, and coriander powder. Give it a stir. Mix in the finely chopped tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes soften and you see oil leaving the sides of the pan.
- Add the ground cashew paste and yogurt. Keep stirring till oil starts leaving the sides of the masala. Add the slit green chilies and garam masala powder, stir again and let the gravy simmer for 3 to 4 minutes on a low to medium flame.
- Garnish with chopped coriander or mint leaves.
- Serve Chicken Handi with tandoori rotis, naan, parathas or chapatis.