Malai chicken kebab is a popular Mughlai recipe typically served as a starter in restaurants or parties. Kebabs have always been an all-time favourite for occasions, and so many different kebab recipes can be made without hassle.
One of the most famous kebabs is the chicken malai kebab. It is usually grilled over a charcoal fire and commonly found on restaurant menus and tops the list of tasty chicken dishes.
The marinade used to make these delicious malai chicken kebabs is unique, making the chicken pieces tender and soft. In most Mughlai and Indian cuisines, fresh cream or malai is added to dishes to enhance the texture and richness of the dish.
Malai chicken is a creamy, decadent recipe that never fails to impress. Chicken kebab malai has a creamy taste with aromatic and earthy flavours. These melt-in-the-mouth malai kebab chicken pieces are marinated in hung yoghurt, fresh cream, cheese spread, ginger-garlic paste, and seasoned with spices for the perfect taste.A chicken malai kebab appetiser dish is usually served with green or mint chutney for the best flavour! So, whether it’s a grand occasion or a simple home meal, cook up this delicious chicken malai tikka kebab recipe and enjoy!
Buy Licious Chicken Leg Boneless Cubes for Your Chicken Malai Tikka Recipe
Now that you’ve decided to make the popular chicken malai kebab recipe, you can order our Chicken Leg – Boneless Cubes, a mix of boneless and skinless thigh and leg pieces.
These pieces are tender and juicy when cooked, making them an ideal choice for frying, pan-roasting, or grilling. All you need to do is simply marinate them and grill them to make the best malai chicken kebab recipe.
Our chicken is obtained from government-approved biosecure farms. Before being cleared for delivery, our meats must undergo 150+ safety and quality checks. Our skilled meat technicians cut, clean, trim, and wash the meat so you can utilise it immediately! From sourcing to delivery, we ensure consistent temperature control between 0-4°C to maintain freshness.
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- 400 grams Licious Chicken Leg - Boneless Cubes
- 8 cloves garlic
- 2 inch ginger
- 2 green chillies
- 2 tbsp fresh cream
- 2 tbsp Cheese
- 2 tbsp hung curd
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp Garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg powder
- 1/4 tsp White pepper powder
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Corn flour
- 1 tbsp kasuri methi dried fenugreek leaves
- Salt - to taste
- Salted butter for basting
- Before making the chicken malai recipe, prepare all the ingredients required for the marination. Then, Pat dry the chicken pieces and set them aside.
- Make a paste of green chillies and ginger and garlic.
- For the marination, take a mixing bowl and add hung curd, fresh cream, cream cheese, salt, green chilli and ginger-garlic paste, cardamom powder, garam masala powder, white pepper powder, nutmeg powder, corn flour, lemon juice, and kasuri methi and mix well.
- Add the chicken cubes and mix them in the marination until they are well coated. Set aside the malai chicken kebab to marinate for about 3 hours. Marinating the chicken and keeping it in the fridge for a longer time is always better.
- Preheat the oven to 180℃ and line a baking tray with foil.
- Now, arrange the chicken malai kebab pieces in skewers and place them on the baking tray. Bake the murgh malai kebabs for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- After 10 to 15 minutes, baste the kebab pieces with butter, and the remaining marinate if left. Flip the chicken malai kebab pieces and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes or till done.
- Remove the pieces from the oven, hold the skewers over the gas stove flame, and roast the pieces slightly for the perfect colour and smoked flavour.
- Serve the chicken malai tikka kebab pieces with green or mint chutney.
Cook this easy chicken malai tikka recipe at home and enjoy! Are you on Instagram? High-five, we’re too! Click an image of your chicken recipe made and post it on Instagram, tagging us with the hashtag - #MadeWithLicious.