Chicken Malai Tikka, also known as Murg Malai Tikka, is always a hit with people, be it parties or family gatherings. Not overwhelming or spicy, these tikkas are mildly creamy with a rich flavour that melts in your mouth with every bite. The recipe involves tender chicken pieces marinated in curd and Indian spice mix and later grilled to perfection. It doesn’t require much time and is super easy to make, check it out!
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 1 cup Boneless Chicken cut into cubes
- 1 onion Cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp Dried Fenugreek Leaves
- 1 cup hung curd
- 3 tbsp Cream Cheese
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp Garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Ginger Paste
- 3 tbsp Fresh Coriander and mint Thinly Ground
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Green Chilli Paste
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- Add all the marination ingredients in a bowl and whisk until you get a smooth paste. Add the chicken pieces and coat them neatly. Cover using a plastic wrap or a tight lid and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare the grill and sew the chicken and onion cubes on the skewers. Sprinkle crushed dry fenugreek leaves on them before grilling. Place the skewers over medium heat and grill for about 3-4 minutes. Flip to the other side and brush some oil. Grill for another 3-4 minutes until they turn golden with grill marks.
- Serve hot with mint chutney, lemon wedges and some pickled onions.
For better results, marinate the chicken overnight. It helps in tenderising the chicken and lets it absorb the spices and herbs well.
Share your version of this recipe
Do you make chicken malai tikka at home? What’s your secret for this recipe? Share your version with us.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to make the chicken tikkas extra juicy?
Baste the tikka with some butter on top before serving as this tenderises the chicken tikka and makes it extra juicy.
Can I add dry fenugreek leaves in the marinade?
No. Adding crushed dry fenugreek leaves in the marinade can turn the chicken sour. To avoid this and still add the flavour, it is always best to sprinkle the leaves from the top before grilling.
What temperature is ideal for baking the chicken tikka?
For the oven method, preheat the oven at 400°F and bake for about 8-10 minutes. Flip and brush some oil, then bake for another 10 minutes.