The cheesy chicken roll is a quick, delicious, and savoury choice for the lunchbox. Try it at home today!
Heading Back to Office/School? Here’s a Great Lunchbox Recipe to Try!
As the world opens to everyone after the subsiding of the pandemic, schools, colleges, and even offices are now back in full swing. With offline courses and offices resuming, your primary concern should be to pack a nourishing lunch box to appease your growling stomach. It means you need to get up early and look for a new and delicious meal that can fit in your lunchbox and satiate your/your children’s hunger pangs while at work or school. It is a task in itself to look for an exciting recipe every day in the morning. However, with Licious, that won’t be a problem anymore.
We, at Licious, have curated a delicious lunch box special recipe for you. With this recipe, you can easily make a delicious meal for your office or send your kid off with a delicious meal that will have them craving for more. The cheesy chicken roll recipe is one such sure shot winner. It is not only easy to make, but also heavy on the stomach. This ensures that your kids have ample energy to function for the rest of the day if they have this chicken roll for lunch.
What is a Crispy Chicken Roll?
Chicken roll is one of the most delicious recipes in India. It originated in North India and soon became a favourite. It gained its initial popularity in Old Delhi, where you can find delicious variants of the Indian chicken roll even today. Chicken rolls are wildly popular throughout the country and loved by kids and adults alike.
Licious Crispy Chicken Supreme
At Licious, one of our goals is to bring you delicious ready-to-cook treats that can be rustled up in 8 minutes, like our Crispy Chicken Supreme. These are boneless chicken tenders that have been marinated in hot chilli seasonings, batter-dipped and rolled in a panko breadcrumb mixture. Just take the pieces out of the pack, deep-fry them for 8 minutes and add them to your crispy chicken rolls.
- 1 pack of Licious Crispy Chicken Supreme
- 1 Large onion sliced
- 1 tsp Chilli flakes
- 1 tsp oregano seasoning optional
- 2 Iceberg lettuce leaves shredded
- 2 cheese slices
- 1/2 pinch crushed pepper
- 2 tbsp garlic mayonnaise
- 1 tortilla bread or roti
- Place a deep-frying pan on medium heat. Add enough oil to completely submerge the pieces of chicken.
- Heat oil to 170℃. To test, slide a chicken tender into the oil and if it sizzles, then you are on the right track.
- Once the oil is hot, slide the chicken tenders in one by one. Gently stir and turn them over occasionally until they are golden brown on all sides.
- Once cooked, remove carefully onto a paper towel with a slotted spoon.
- Take a cooked tortilla/chapati/paratha and place your cheese slices on it.
- Next, add the sliced onions and shredded iceberg lettuce.
- Season it with a pinch of crushed pepper, chilli flakes and oregano (optional).
- Arrange the crispy fried chicken tenders on top and drizzle 1 tbsp of garlic mayonnaise over it. Roll it up tightly.
- Then, heat a pan and sear the roll evenly to crisp up the outside. Once done, cut it in half.
Enjoy it with your choice of dip. For extra meatiness and flavour, you could add dollops of your choice of a Licious Chicken Spread inside the roll.
Tips and Tricks
Do not overcook the chicken pieces.
Do not add the chilli flakes if you don't like it too spicy.
Serve it with any dip of your choice. This must-try chicken roll recipe can spice up your lunchtime and will fit into your lunchbox and schedule.
Try this recipe and don’t forget to share pictures with us on Instagram using the hashtag #MadeWithLicious. Are you craving even more? Please click here if you would like to try our other ready-to-cook snacks.