Garam Masala is a versatile spice that can be used for a variety of recipes. It’s a staple ingredient used in most Indian dishes. Made with a blend of traditional Indian spices, it combines many different aromas and flavours – all in a single powder!
Some of the most common spices used in garam masala powder include black and green cardamom, cumin, black pepper, cloves, cinnamon, and cloves and each family has its own closely guarded garam masala recipe. Some garam masala recipes may involve dry roasting the ingredients before grinding to extract the best flavour. This powder can be added to a cooking base or sprinkled at the end to take the dish to the next level. Garam masala is also used along with other spices to create a marinade for various dishes as well.
Here, we share a delicious egg curry recipe using Licious Asli Garam Masala. Make sure to try the recipe below to enjoy a tasty egg curry with Asli Garam Masala for a comforting meal.
Licious Asli Garam Masala
The Licious Asli Garam Masala is perfect for cooking your favourite desi recipes and can be used to whip up many other curries as well.
Different families have versions of their own garam masala. Here is the LICIOUS version. We have very carefully crafted and customised the combination and proportions of various aromatic spices like green cardamom, clove, mace, and cinnamon with the aim to give a well balanced and flavoursome blend.
Our combination of ingredients is inspired by the age-old traditions where grandmothers carefully selected each spice and ground it to make their own secret garam masala.
The spices are ground at very cold temperatures using cryogrinding technology, which helps lock-in the aroma and flavour of the spices by maintaining the loss of essential oils. Our expertise in meat helped us ensure that the formulation enhances the flavours of every meat or seafood delicacy.
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- 4-5 boiled eggs
- 1¼ cups finely chopped onions
- 1 cup finely chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Slit green chilli
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- Water (as needed)
- ½ tsp Salt - to taste
- 1 tsp Sugar optional
- ¼ tsp Kasuri methi
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 small cinnamon piece
- 2 green cardamoms
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Licious Asli Garam Masala
- Heat ghee in a kadai or a nonstick pan. Add the eggs and fry until slightly blistered and golden. Remove and place the eggs on a plate. Sprinkle Asli Garam Masala and red chilli powder.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil and add the cardamoms, cinnamon, and bay leaf.
- When they start to sizzle, add the green chilli, and the onions. Sauté the onions until soft and translucent.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté for about a minute.
- Add the tomatoes and sauté until they turn mushy.
- Add the turmeric, red chilli powder, coriander powder, Asli Garam Masala, sugar, and salt. Sauté until fragrant and well combined.
- Pour water as required and mix well. Cover the kadhai and cook until the gravy thickens, and the oil floats on top.
- Add the boiled eggs and the Kasuri methi. Mix well and simmer. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rice, roti, or naan.
Order our Asli Garam Masala from our website to cook your favourite dish at home. Be sure to take a few pictures for Instagram and tag us using #MadeWithLicious for a chance to win Licious Cash. Enjoy!