With Christmas around the corner, it’s time to gear up for all the celebrations. Christmas is that time of the year when we let go and indulge. It’s a time to make merry and feast to our heart’s content. From late-night parties, family get-togethers, yummy sweets, and lavish dinners, Christmas has it all! This year, if you’re looking for a unique Christmas recipe, you must give this herb-roasted chicken with cranberry red wine sauce a try. It’s one of the best recipes you could prepare for a lavish Christmas dinner or lunch to impress your guests!
How Is Herb-Roasted Chicken With Cranberry Red Wine Sauce Made?
When it comes to Christmas recipes, roasted chicken is one of the most popular recipes made for Christmas lunches or dinners. There are a wide variety of easy roast chicken recipes to try, however, this recipe is unique and will surely make for a grand celebration.
Butter is mixed with salt and pepper, and herbs like parsley, thyme, and rosemary. The herb butter is evenly applied all over the chicken and under the skin. The chicken is then stuffed with celery, carrots, garlic, onions, and leeks and baked till golden brown and crispy. A thick sauce is made with cranberries, red wine, and chicken juices and served with herb-roasted chicken!
Buy Licious Whole Chicken With Skin
For this delicious herb-roasted chicken recipe, you can try our Licious Whole Chicken With Skin. Uncut with skin-on and cleaned, the Whole Chicken will retain its juiciness below the well-done skin. At Licious, we prep and clean the chicken so that it is ready for you to cook, making it an ideal choice for an elaborate meal. Perfect for roasting or baking, a Whole Chicken can be the centrepiece of your feast, enabling you to choose your favourite pieces as you please. Order a Whole Chicken online from Licious at your convenience and get it home-delivered.
Our Licious chicken is humanely raised in restricted biosecurity zones and their food is strictly monitored. 100% free of antibiotic residue and hormones, all our products go through 150+ safety and quality checks to ensure you get the best delivered to your home. Our expert meat technicians also hygienically vacuum-pack the meat into tamper-proof packages! To maintain freshness, our products are never frozen, and we ensure constant temperature controls between 0-4℃ at every stage.
Herb Roasted Chicken with Cranberry Red Wine Sauce Video
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||1 hour|
- 1 Licious Whole Chicken with Skin
- 1 cup butter
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tsp fresh Rosemary
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 6 inches celery
- 2 Carrots
- 1 onions
- 6 inches leeks
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tbsp port red wine
- 2 tbsp cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 170°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Chop thyme, parsley, and rosemary and add them to the butter along with salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Roughly chop the celery, carrots, onions and leeks.
- Take the whole chicken and apply the butter mix on all the sides of the chicken. Make sure that the butter is also applied under the skin, this will ensure it turns crisp and golden.
- Stuff the chicken with the celery, carrots, garlic, onions, and leeks and place it on the baking tray.
- Bake it for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Once baked allow it to rest for at least 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Collect the juice from the baking tray which was released from the chicken while baking.
- Pour the red wine, cranberries, and chicken juice into a saucepan.
- Put it on Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes to reduce it by 60%.
- Your whole roast chicken with cranberry red wine sauce is ready to serve.
Order our fresh Whole Chicken With Skin from our website to cook this delicious Christmas recipe at home. Be sure to take a few pictures for Instagram and tag us using #MadeWithLicious for a chance to win Licious Cash. Enjoy!