What do you most enjoy eating with your family and friends for Christmas dinner? Turkey or a humble chicken dish? How about you switch up your annual Christmas dinner menu this year to include Herb Crusted Lamb Chops With Winter New Potatoes? This rich meat makes for the perfect winter dish to be enjoyed with a variety of side dishes, especially fresh winter potatoes. The unique flavour of the lamb offers endless opportunities to get creative with your lamb dish and accompaniments, making your Christmas dinner the talk of the town.
The Best Way To Cook Lamb Chops is by using only fresh meat from lambs that are naturally fed. At Licious, we offer perfectly tender Lamb Chops from pasture-raised lambs, to give you that rich texture and flavour. The meat is well-rested before being cut & cleaned by experts for the utmost convenience. You can use the meat straight out of the pack with zero prep. Furthermore, to ensure the meat stays fresh, we maintain constant temperature controls at every stage. Your meat is delivered right to your doorstep in tamper-proof and hygienically vacuum-sealed packages.
So wait no further, and place your order now and experience extraordinary cooking with Licious Lamb Chops this Christmas.
What are Herb Crusted Lamb Chops?
As sophisticated and mouth-watering as the name sounds, this is actually one of the easiest Lamb Chop Recipes that you can find. The herb-crusted lamb chops are simple yet elegant. After a generous dip in a herb-rich mix and a quick sear on a pan, this lamb dish will make any Christmas dinner a success.
- The popularity of Herb Crusted Lamb Chops is so high that there’s also one version by the famous celebrity chef, Gordon Ramsey.
- Lamb meat is a rich source of high-quality protein along with many vitamins and minerals like vitamin B12, iron, and zinc.
- Lamb meat is also high in iron.
Herb Crusted Lamb Chops Recipe Video
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
- 500 grams of Licious Lamb Chops
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tsp fresh Rosemary
- 1 tsp salt
- tsp ½black pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- ½ cup butter
- 200 grams of baby potatoes
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 2 tbsp oil
- Preheat the oven to 170°C and line a baking sheet/pan with baking paper.
- Chop dill, parsley, and rosemary and add them to the butter along with the breadcrumbs and mix well.
- Wash the baby potatoes and place them on the baking tray. Rub them with olive oil, and salt and bake them in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Take a frying pan, and add enough oil to sear the lamb chops on all sides on a high flame. Once seared, set them aside and allow them to cool down.
- Take the cooled lamb chops and cover them with the herbs and breadcrumbs mix. Make sure that only the meat is covered and the bone is exposed.
- Take out the tray of potatoes from the oven and crush them slightly with the back of a small bowl in order to make them crispy.
- Place the lamb chops in the same baking tray as the crushed potatoes and bake them for another 12 to 15 minutes at the same temperature.
- Once the baking is done, it’s ready to serve hot.
You can also serve your lamb chops alongside steamed veggies, bread rolls, spicy mustard and salad. So, give this recipe a try, you won't regret it. It will make a fabulously rich addition to your Christmas menu.
Don't forget, if you make this recipe for Herb Crusted Lamb Chops this year, click a few pictures for Instagram and tag us using #MadeWithLicious. We'd love to see your dish and you could just win some Licious Cash. Merry Christmas!