Sardines cooked in tomato sauce is a quick and easy recipe to make on days when you are just not in the mood to cook those elaborate dishes. Sardines are always a great option when you’re looking for a hassle-free seafood meal.
Sardine is an oily and soft fish rich in omega-3 fatty acids that are known to have numerous health benefits. Sardines are also rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
If you’re looking to rustle up a simple, tasty sardine dish in minutes, try out these spicy sardine recipes.
How to Make Sardine Curry?
Sardine fish is cooked in many different ways. There are many simple and quick sardine seafood curry recipes that you can try. Sardines are usually cooked with a blend of spices and tamarind or simmered in tomato sauce for a tangy twist.
|Cook Time||1 hour|
- Licious sardines
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 2 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 10 sliced shallots
- 8 Cloves garlic
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek powder
- 2 pieces gambooge/Malabar tamarind
- 4 sprigs of curry leaves
- 4 medium-sized tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 3 green chillies, sliced vertically.
- In half a cup of water, soak the gambooge for about 20 minutes.
- Rub the sardines with salt. Heat the coconut oil and add the mustard seeds.
- Once the mustard seeds start crackling, add in the sliced shallots. Add ginger, garlic, and green chillies and saute well.
- Add sliced tomatoes and saute. Make a paste of chilly powder, coriander powder, fenugreek powder, and turmeric powder and add to the pot.
- Add the sliced gambooge along with the water that was used for soaking. Add curry leaves, salt, and more water if required.
- Allow to boil and then add the sardines. Cook covered on medium heat till the sardines are soft and the oil separates.
- Open the lid and cook until the curry is reduced to half. Turn off the flame and cover for some time till the fish and spices blend well.
At Licious, you can order fresh sardines that are cleaned, descaled, and ready to be added to your favourite curry. All of our seafood is sourced daily from government-approved local fishing boats and delivered fresh to your home! The fish is thoroughly cleaned and hygienically packed. Our seafood is always fresh, never frozen! Order your favourite type of seafood from our website and cook away!
So, give this recipe a try and let us know in the comments how you liked it. Remember to take a few photos for Instagram and tag us using #MadeWithLicious, we’d love to see your creations!