You can find fish recipes galore on the internet. The variety of recipes that you can enjoy from different corners of the world is just spectacular. Of course, the variety of fish you get, especially in India, is equally mind-boggling. One such variety of fish with which you can prepare a highly aromatic and drool-worthy dish is the mackerel. So get ready to try an authentic South Indian dish called Fish Kulambu.
We at Licious offer a range of freshwater and seawater fish that are caught fresh daily. Our products are home-delivered after they are cleaned and passed through 150+ safety and quality checks. Each process of cleaning and checking is carried out by experts, after which they are hygienically vacuum-packed.
What is Fish Kulambu?
Fish Kulambu or Meen Kulambu is a must-try. This rustic, tangy and spicy fish delicacy can be prepared using a fish of your choice. However, the Best Fish For Kulambu is mackerel.
Apart from India, the Chettinad Fish Kulambu Recipe is also enjoyed in Malaysia and Singapore. What started as a poor man’s staple food is now enjoyed widely by people of all social and economic groups.
There are myriad health benefits to a Fish Kulambu recipe. Some of the healthy components of the mackerel recipe include:
· Protein that helps in building muscles and tissue repair.
· Omega fatty acids that are necessary to maintain a healthy heart and brain.
· Vitamins A and D that are essential to support the immune system and bone health.
· Minerals that are required by the body for the proper composition of muscles, teeth and nerves.
· Herbs such as curry leaves that are good for the eyes, hair, and bowel system.
· Spices such as turmeric, cumin, fenugreek and more that act as antioxidants and are believed to have anti-inflammatory properties.