Do biryani recipes always put you off because of the lengthy process? Well, you now have a chance to cook a yummy biryani recipe using a ready-made biryani masala from Licious. The Khansama Biryani Masala is easy-to-use and you can prepare a delicious biryani quickly for the entire family to enjoy. This masala can be used to cook not only mutton biryani but can be used for chicken biryani as well.
Follow the recipe below to make the best Khansama Mutton Biryani quickly at home!
Licious Meat Masalas
Our range of meat masalas is brought alive by meat experts through carefully crafted masalas that celebrate authentic flavours, aromas and tastes. Available in single-use sachets to maintain freshness, the spices are ground at very cold temperatures using cryogrinding technology, which helps lock-in the aroma and flavour of the spices by maintaining the loss of essential oils. Further, the masalas have natural meat tenderisers, which helps make your cooking process effortless and quick, by reducing the marination time of the meat.
The Khansama Biryani Masala is inspired by the experienced cooks known as ‘Khansama’ who used to create delicious recipes for royal kings. This masala is the perfect tribute to the Khansamas and their royal biryanis.
Buy Licious Goat Biryani Cut
To cook this delicious Khansama Mutton Biryani, try our Licious Goat Biryani Cut which has a meaty chunk of bone-in and boneless goat meat. The pieces have been expertly cut by our meat technicians and turn juicy and soft when cooked, adding a rich flavour to your biryanis. These small, tender pieces are ideal for cooking a variety of dishes such as slow-cooked curries, stews and pan-fried meals.
Our goats are pasture-raised on government-approved farms. They are chosen at the right weight and size for tender and succulent meat. The meat is also rested for up to 12 hours before being cut and cleaned. All our products go through 150+ safety and quality checks. Free from hormones, chemicals or antibiotic residue, our mutton is fresh, never frozen! To maintain freshness, we ensure constant temperature controls between 0-4℃. The goat meat is cut, cleaned and hygienically vacuum-packed in tamper-proof packages and delivered to your doorstep. You can now enjoy your favourite curry recipes with our fresh goat curry cut.
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- 500 gms Mutton Biryani Cut
- 1 sachet Licious Khansama Biryani Masala 28 gms
- 2 tablespoons ginger garlic paste 40 gms
- ½ cup curd 120 gms
- 1 cup rice 250 gms
- 2 tablespoons oil 30 gms
- 4 medium-sized sliced onions 420 gms
- 2 medium-sized chopped tomato 100 gms
- 2 tablespoons ghee 40 gms
- salt To taste
- Small pinch of Saffron Infused in in 1 tablespoon of Milk
- 15 gms Fresh Mint & Coriander
- Marinate the meat with ginger & garlic paste, curd and the Licious Khansama Biryani Masala for 20 mins.
- Soak rice for 30 mins and boil with salt and whole spices like bay leaf, black pepper & cardamom and cook till 80% done.
- Slice the onions and deep fry half of them in oil.
- Take a pressure cooker. Fry the remaining onions in the oil till they turn golden brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook on medium flame till the tomatoes get mushy.
- Add the marinated meat, and salt and sauté on high heat.
- Add 2 cups of water to the meat pieces. Cover and cook for 5-6 whistles on low flame (2-3 whistles for chicken).
- Layer with rice and gravy in a heavy bottom vessel.
- Garnish with coriander, mint, saffron-infused milk & fried onions.
- Cover tightly and cook the biryani on “dum” (slow heat for 20-25 minutes).
Use the same oil in which the onions have been fried to cook the mutton/chicken, to give the Biryani a caramelised flavour.
Order our Khansama Biryani Masala from our website to cook this yummy biryani. Be sure to take a few pictures for Instagram and tag us using #MadeWithLicious for a chance to win Licious Cash. Enjoy!