Craving #MaaKaKhana? Try out this delicious recipe that’s been lovingly shared with us as part of our Mother’s Day campaign. We’re sure you’ll feel this mother’s love on your plate when you eat it. Enjoy!
What’s so special about this dish? Here’s what Sukanth has to say:
“ It’s one of her signature dishes which is loved by family and friends. It brings fond memories from many special meals she used to make for us. I make this often just to feel that love since she’s no more. ”
- 500 gms Chicken Curry Cut
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 1/2 tbsp Dark Soya Sauce
- 1/2 cup Grated Onion
- 1/4 cup Grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- Salt - to taste
- 1 tbsp Garlic, Ginger and Coriander (finely chopped)
- 1 whole Green Chilli (slit)
- Begin by marinating the chicken with turmeric, chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, pinch of garam masala and salt for about 30 mins.
- In a deep bottom pan, bring a cup of water to boil and add the marinated chicken. Boil the chicken just enough till it is cooked.
- Turn off the heat after about 20 minutes. Immediately add soya sauce and keep aside for about 15 minutes just to let the meat soak in the soya sauce.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the grated onion and ginger. Saute for about 8-9 minutes till it turns brown, the raw smell goes away and the oil surfaces on the sides. Add the chicken and mix well.
- Add salt to taste and cook on medium flame till the consistency thickens to a semi gravy/dry consistency. Garnish with green chilly, chopped garlic, ginger and coriander.
It’s yummy! I just got the taste of it for the first time. The beautiful onion, ginger nicely fried bring a beautiful flavour to the dish