The pomfret, Chanda, or Rupchand fish is one of the most exotic varieties of fish in India, primarily consumed in Bengal and parts of the South. It is also a renowned fish variety in Bangladesh and other parts of Asia. There are many ways and means by which the Chanda fish can be consumed. One of the most delectable fish recipes is the tawa pomfret recipe which is crispy on the outside but soft on the inside. It can be easily served for dinners or lunches. This Chanda fish recipe will also help you get a lot of new accolades from your guests.
What is Pomfret Tawa Fry?
The pomfret tawa fry is a Chanda fish recipe that originated in India. Although the pomfret is an exotic species of fish it can be easily found in India; this recipe has all the desi elements that make it all the more appealing for every fish lover. The Chanda fish is a flat-body fish with few bones, making it extremely easy to consume. This seawater fish has lean meat with a medium texture that is ideal for grilling, frying, boiling, and curries. It has thin skin which makes the ingredients easily absorbed by the fish. It has a mild taste. When combined with different ingredients, the result is truly delicious.
For the recipe, the whole pomfret fish is used along with other aromatic spices and herbs. The fish is mixed with ingredients like lemon juice, yoghurt, and coriander. Other elements like turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, and fennel powder add the much-needed spice and aromatic flavours to the Chanda fish recipe.
If you’re looking for a simple Chanda fish recipe that you can serve at parties, this is the one!
Licious Pomfret Whole, Cleaned
At Licious, we deliver fresh and cleaned pomfret to your doorstep. Our fish is never frozen, instead, they are temperature controlled between 0-4°C to maintain freshness. All our products are passed through 150 quality & safety checks. Additionally, our expert meat technicians cut, clean and hygienically pack the fish, so you can use it straight out of the pack with zero prep.
At Licious, our fish and seafood are from the day’s catch of approved local fishing boats and contain no added chemicals.
So, to make this recipe, order fresh and cleaned pomfret by clicking the button below and enjoy speedy home delivery.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||16 minutes|
- Licious Pomfret Fish
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- 8 Curry leaves Chopped
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves Finely Chopped
- 2 tbsp Melted butter
- Salt as required
- ½ tsp fennel powder
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- Gently score the skin of the fish to create shallow, diagonal cuts. 3 on each side.
- Marinate the fish in turmeric powder, salt, pepper, and lime juice.
- Make sure to coat the fish properly with the marinade.
- Set it aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Now, take a small bowl and combine the red chilli powder, yoghurt, fennel powder, coriander and curry leaves. Mix them all well.
- Gently rub this mixture on the fish and let it seep into the gashes of the fish.
- Refrigerate the fish for an hour or so.
- Take a non-stick pan and heat butter in it.
- Put the fish in the butter and let it cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Once done, flip to the other side and repeat the same procedure.
- Cook until it turns crispy.
- Turn off the heat. Drain excess butter with paper towels.
- Serve hot!
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with mint chutney.
If you loved this Chanda fish recipe, surprise your family this weekend by preparing this dish at home. Share your version of the recipe on Instagram using #MadeWithLicious.