Tilapia is a popular species of cichlid fish found mostly in freshwater lakes, rivers, shallow streams, and ponds. A simple google search query “Tilapia fillet near me” will return many results in your nearest locality.
An artisanal fishing practice dating back to pre-colonial Africa, now Tilapia breeding is a prime focus of aquaculture and aquaponics. This fish is found in abundance across Asia, Africa, South America, and some parts of Australia.
Tilapia fillets are a widely renowned delicacy for a variety of mouth-watering dishes. Whether you want a pan-fried delight, a smoky grilled dish, or even breaded Tilapia fillets, there are many ways to cook this mild fish that simply soaks up flavours.
Before we jump to the recipes, let’s look at why cooking Tilapia fish fillets are a healthy choice.
Is Tilapia Healthy for You? Get Tilapia Nutrition Facts
In fresh Tilapia fillets, you will find a host of minerals and nutrients essential to health. Tilapia fish contains healthy fat, protein, iron, potassium, sodium, and healthy cholesterol.
A rich source of vitamins and minerals, Tilapia fish fillets are highly regarded as a healthy choice of meat. In case you’re wondering, boneless Tilapia fillets also make cooking simple and quick. Let’s move on to cooking Tilapia fish fillets.
If you’re looking for fresh Tilapia Fillets, look no further than our website, we can have them home-delivered in 90 minutes (subject to your location). We stock a variety of Tilapia cuts, however, boneless fillets are easier to eat for obvious reasons and therefore would make a great option for people with kids and elderly relatives at home. These fillets are a good choice for breaded and pan-fried fish, grilled dishes, salads, or oven-baked meals.
All our fish & seafood is sourced daily from government-approved fishing boats, temperature controlled at every stage to maintain freshness, and handled by expert meat technicians. So, what are you waiting for? Order now.
What Is a Good Recipe for Fried Tilapia Fish?
While Tilapia seasoned in local spices and herbs make for an exquisite fried dish, this is only one of many recipes that you can try.
In this post, we outline a simple but delicious breaded Tilapia fillets recipe.
Crisp and flavoursome on the outside, every bite into a breaded Tilapia fish fillet is pure indulgence for your tastebuds.
- Pat the fish, prepare the mix: Preheat the oven to 100 °C. Dry your Tilapia fish fillets by patting them with a towel. Take a bowl for your flour, another bowl to beat your eggs, and a third shallow bowl to spread your bread crumbs.
- Coat the fish in crumbs: Coat each of your Tilapia fish fillets in the flour, dip it in the egg mix, and then finally into the bowl containing bread crumbs. Gently pat the coated fish and set it aside on a plate. Do not let the coated fish stay for longer than 10 minutes as it may result in the crumbs getting soggy.
- Heat the oil: Use a large skillet and place it over medium heat on your stove. Add your butter and oil and heat them until the butter melts and the foam subsides.
- Fry the Tilapia fillets: Fry the Tilapia fish fillets in batches to avoid them sticking to each other. Let them cook for three minutes on each side until golden brown. They should be opaque in the middle when you cut them up with a knife.
- Transfer to the oven to keep them heated: Using a spatula, move all the fish onto a paper towel in a pan. Then, pat the fillets gently to remove the excess oil and place the fillets into a warm oven to keep them crunchy until you’re ready to serve them.
Feel free to get your kids involved when coating the fish, it’ll be a whole lot of fun!
Once you have tasted this breaded Tilapia fillets recipe, you’ll want to do it again. So, order fresh Tilapia Fillets today and get cooking. Do share your finished dish on Instagram with #MadeWithLicious, it might just win you some Licious Cash and get you featured on our page. Happy cooking!