The birth of the Cacciucco dish originated as a means to “use up” the small fishes that were caught with the primary catches. As these small fishes did not interest many, they couldn’t be sold and were left in good quantities with the fishers. Hence, to finish those fish, they were enjoyed by the fishermen themselves in the form of soups and stew. While this may sound like a simple dish with few flavours, trust us, it’s just the opposite!
At Licious, we offer a wide range of fish & seafood that are fresh and perfect for preparing a hearty stew. From prawns and calamari to pomfret and crabs, all our seafood items to prepare this delicious Italian Fish Stew will be delivered straight to your doorstep. Our fish & seafood are caught daily, passed through 150+ quality and safety checks, cut & cleaned by experts and finally vacuum packed before being delivered to you. Additionally, our products are always fresh, never frozen and can be used straight out of the pack with zero prep.
So, without wasting your time thinking about how you can prepare the Cacciucco Tuscan Seafood dish and spending time checking the wet markets nearby, order from Licious today.
Why should you try this Tuscan Seafood Stew – Cacciucco?
Cacciucco is healthy, delicious and flavourful because of the variety of ingredients it demands to be prepared. You get to savour the flavours of different seafood, such as calamari, clams, prawns and more, along with herbs that promise freshness and spiciness in every bite. It can be served for lunch or dinner.
Cacciucco comes from Livorno, a port city located in beautiful Italy. The Tuscans enjoy a great variety of seafood dishes with freshly baked bread, and Cacciucco is one such dish that goes perfectly well with bread. Even if you have bread that is now stale, simply toast the slices up and rub some garlic on them to top off with the stew the Tuscan way!
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp Parsley
- 1 tbsp sage leaves
- 1/2 tsp Red chillies
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 Tomato
- 1 cup fish stock
- Salt - to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh white bread
- squid rings
- 1 Red Snapper Fillet (cut into pieces)
- Recipe to prepare Cacciucco. Here is how you can quickly prepare this Tuscan Seafood Stew:
- Take a deep saucepan and heat oil on medium heat. Add parsley, sage leaves, chillies, and minced garlic cloves. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the pieces of calamari and cook for about 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes and stir well for about 1 minute. Add white wine and stir well. Cook the mixture for about 20 minutes or until the liquid thickens slightly.
- Add salt and pepper as per taste and occasionally stir. Add the fish stock, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add snapper and shrimp to the pan. Cover and cook on a low flame for about 10 minutes or till they get firm. Serve hot with toasted bread.
Don’t stop yourself from trying this delicious Cacciucco, try out this simple Italian Fish Stew right away! You can add other seafood of your choice and follow a similar recipe. Don’t forget to tag us on Instagram using #MadeWithLicious, we’d love to see your version of this dish.