Chicken dim sum is one of the most widely consumed dishes in the world. The chicken dim sum recipe is unique, authentic, and rich in flavour.
Dim sum, made with rice flour, can be filled with any kind of meat or veg. They were traditionally served with tea in China and referred to as liquid “gold buns” in and around the country. They are steamed and served in bamboo baskets for enhanced taste.
Dim sums originated in China more than two centuries ago. The evidence of its emergence can be traced to the Silk Trade days of China. As the traders embarked on their long routes of trade, they stopped at tea houses for relaxation. As they enjoyed their aromatic teas, they’d prepare for the journey ahead. Later, tea houses also began serving small pockets of food called dim sum. Soon, consuming dim sum with tea became a custom.
What is Chicken Dim Sum?
In time, the unique flavour and texture of dim sums made it gain popularity in other South Asian countries.
Dim sums are often confused with momos, but they are quite different from each other. Momos originated in Tibet, whereas dim sum originated in China. Momos are popularised as street food, whereas dim sums are served in restaurants. Momos are made of maida or atta, whereas dim sum can be made from any type of flour like all-purpose flour, rice flour, corn flour, and so on.
If you’re looking for a recipe that will satiate your taste buds and be your comfort food at all times, then this is the one for you.
At Licious, we strive to deliver fresh chicken right to your doorstep. Our chicken is sourced from biosecure farms and contains no hormones or antibiotic residue. Additionally, all Licious meats and seafood and temperature-controlled between 0-4 °C to maintain freshness and are never frozen. Our expert meat technicians cut, clean and hygienically vacuum pack your orders for convenience. Use the meat straight out of the pack with zero prep.
So, if you’re planning to make chicken dim sum, order fresh Chicken Keema from our website and we’ll deliver it ASAP.
|Prep Time||90 minutes|
|Cook Time||1 hour|
- Licious Minced Chicken
- Store-bought dim sum wrappers
- 1 tbsp Chopped Coriander leaves
- leaves Lettuceas required
- 1 tsp Garlic paste
- ½ tsp stock powder
- 1 spring onion finely chopped
- Salt - to taste
- 1 tsp Oyster Sauce
- Refined flour for coating
- ½ tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- Take a steamer (bamboo or metal) and line it with lettuce leaves.
- Take a bowl and add the minced chicken, garlic paste, stock powder, salt, oyster sauce, soy sauce, and coriander leaves.
- Now, add this filling to your dim sum wrappers.
- You can shape them however you like. An easy option is to wet the edges with a bit of water, fold the round into semi-circles and then use a fork to press down the edges.
- Take a non-stick pan and boil water in it. Fill your steamer with your dim sum, and make sure they don’t touch.
- Steam the dim sum for 10-12 minutes or until translucent.
- Serve hot!
Tips and Tricks
Make sure to close the dim sum with a light hand, so they don't break apart. If your taste buds just got stimulated, it is your cue to try the Licious chicken dim sum recipe at home.
You can share your version of the recipe with us on Instagram using the hashtag #MadeWithLicious.