Chicken Manchurian is an Indo-Chinese chicken recipe that is loved by all. Juicy chicken chunks are fried and then dunked in a sweet and sour gravy that is made from Asian sauces and Indian spices. Here we share a no-fuss Chicken Manchurian recipe that you can make in just 4 simple steps! Check out the recipe below.
Buy chicken mince online on Licious. Explore our website for a range of other fresh chicken options such as Chicken Drumsticks, Chicken Thighs and Curry cuts and prepare your next delicious recipe with Licious!
|Prep Time||40 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 2 tbsp cornflour mixed with water, slurry
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 small pieces ginger finely chopped
- 8-10 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 3-4 green chillies roughly chopped
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 medium capsicum cut into thin strips
- 2 tbsp Vinegar
- 2 Spring onion greens finely chopped
- 4 tbsp oil
For Manchurian Sauce
- Take a bowl and break one egg in it. Then add cornflour, soy sauce and salt. Add the minced chicken to the mix and coat it well. Set it aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok. Make small balls of the chicken and deep-fry them in the oil. Fry them for a few minutes until they turn brown. Then drain them on an absorbent paper.
- Add oil in a wok. Then add ginger, garlic, and sauté until they turn aromatic. Now sauté the onion and green chillies for a few minutes. Add soy sauce, salt and the chicken stock. Bring it to a boil. Add the cornflour slurry and stir until the sauce turns slightly thick. Then add the sliced capsicum.
- Add the fried chicken pieces and cook for a few minutes. Then stir a bit of vinegar in the sauce, garnish with spring onion greens and serve hot.
If you want to make this recipe as a snack with less sauce, then reduce the quantity of the chicken stock and cornflour. If chicken stock is not available then you can use water instead.
How can I make the chicken extra juicy and tender?
If you want your chicken pieces to be more juicy and tender, then you can soak the chicken in lukewarm water for 10 minutes and then marinate it.
Can I bake the chicken balls instead of frying?
Yes. You can bake or grill the chicken balls.