Malabar Fish: Do you want a soul-satisfying curry? Then, enjoy the exceptionally wonderful flavour of sole fish, which is also quite healthy. The Lepa fish benefits are many, ranging from supplying heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids to being an excellent source of vitamins and minerals.
Do you know that the Dover sole, one of the numerous species of Lepa fish sole, has been a cornerstone of the European fish market for millennia and is recognised as one of the pillars of Continental cuisine? Well, not only continental, but many Indian sole fish recipes are both delicious and nutritious. So, read on to know about fish sole recipes and unfold a simple yet delicious fish curry recipe made from Licious Malabar Tongue Sole.
Healthy Sole Fish Recipes | Simple and Delicious
There are many ways to savour this fish. You can bake it in Mediterranean style by marinating the Malabar Tongue Soles with lemon, pepper, olive oil, tomato, cloves, and parsley and baking it for 10-12 minutes. You may also discover sole fish Indian recipes, which are different for different regions in India. In the West, you can find fish curry splattered in mustard and poppy seed paste, while in the South, you will find a fish curry that is mixed with mustard seeds and curry leaves, and enhanced with tamarind paste.
Thus, you may find several Lepa fish curry recipes and plan to prepare them differently on different days. However, while your recipes may change, the source of procuring the sole fish can be constant.
Healthy Sole Recipes
To make healthy sole fish recipes and reap the Lepa fish benefits, you must get fresh fish that is cut, cleaned and packed hygienically. Therefore, we at Licious source our fish from government-approved local fishing boats that are from the day’s catch. They are chosen as per the right size and weight specifications.
They are then cut and cleaned by professionals and hygienically vacuum-packed in tamper-proof packages. Once packed, they are stored at a constant temperature of 0-4°C to maintain freshness. Thus, your fish is always fresh, never frozen. Moreover, at Licious, our fish comes without any added chemicals.
So, plan for a satisfying lunch or dinner with Licious Malabar Tongue Sole.
Here is a simple recipe that you may plan to make with this fish –
|Cook Time||35 minutes|
- 9-10 pieces of Licious Malabar Tongue
- 8 dried red chillies
- 2 tablespoons of cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon of mustard seeds
- 2 large Tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 3 - 4 tablespoons Coconut Powder
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon of panch phoran a mix of five spices/seeds
- 10 - 12 Curry leaves
- 1 large onion paste
- 1 tablespoon Ginger Paste
- 1 tablespoon Garlic paste
- 2 cups of hot water
- tamarind paste nut size
- Chopped Coriander
- Roast the dried red chillies, cumin seeds and mustard in a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat until they are aromatic.
- Cool entirely before grinding to powder form in a mixer grinder or blender.
- To make a smooth paste, combine the toasted spice powder, turmeric, tomatoes, coconut and garam masala and place aside.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-bottomed pan and add the curry leaves and panch phoran.
- When they have stopped sputtering, pour in the onion paste and cook until it is light brown.
- Next, add ginger garlic paste and fry for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add spice mixture and tomato, and saute until the oil separates from the masala.
- Add two cups of boiling water and the tamarind paste to the masala.
- Once the gravy starts to boil, reduce the flame and let it simmer.
- Put the fish pieces into the gravy carefully and cook until done.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
- Serve hot with plain cooked rice.
Try out this recipe with the slightly sweet flavour of sole fish. Remember to click a few pictures for Instagram and tag us using #MadewithLicious, we'd love to see your dishes.