Did you know there was a green version of chilli chicken? Green Chilli Chicken is a well-known dish from Andhra Pradesh where the chicken is marinated in a spicy green paste. This marinated chicken is then cooked to perfection with more chillies for that extra spice. To learn how to make this dish in restaurant-style, read below.
Buy Small Boneless Chicken Curry Cuts online on Licious. Explore our website for a range of other fresh chicken options such as Chicken Drumsticks, Chicken Thighs and Curry cuts and prepare your next delicious recipe with Licious!
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 500 gms chicken curry cuts small boneless
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 5 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp Cumin Powder
- 2 green chillies slit
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp garam masala
- salt to taste
- 5 garlic cloves
- ½ inch ginger
- 1 onion medium
- 5-6 green chillies
- ½ bunch Fresh Coriander Leaves medium
- Blend all the paste ingredients into a smooth paste and set aside. In a large bowl, add chicken pieces, salt, green chilli paste and mix well. Marinate it for about 30 minutes.
- In a pan, heat oil and add green chillies, turmeric, cumin powder and coriander powder. Sauté for about 30 seconds and then add the marinated chicken. Mix well and cook for about 20-25 minutes. Add garam masala and salt and continue to cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and green chillies. Serve hot with plain rice, roti or naan.
For better results, soak the chicken pieces in buttermilk for at least 2 hours. However, if you're running short on time, you can skip this process.
Share your version of this recipe
Chilli chicken is one of the popular dishes in our country. However, Green Chilli Chicken is as delicious as the former. Have you tried Green Chilli Chicken at home? If yes, tell us how you make it. Share your version of the recipe with us.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I balance the spicy flavour of the dish?
You can use a couple of tablespoons of yoghurt in the marinade to balance the spiciness of this dish.
How can I prevent the chicken from overcooking?
Cook the chicken on medium flame. If the chicken becomes dry, sprinkle some water and let it evaporate while the chicken cooks.