The pomfret or chanda fish is one of the most exotic varieties of fish in India, primarily consumed in Bengal and parts of the South. It is also a renowned fish variety in Bangladesh and other parts of Asia. There are many ways and means by which the Chanda fish can be consumed. One of the most delectable fish recipes is the pomfret fry recipe which is crispy on the outside but soft on the inside. It can be easily served for dinners or lunches. This Tawa Pomfret recipe will also help you get a lot of new accolades from your guests.
What is Pomfret Tawa Fry?
The pomfret tawa fry is a Chanda fish recipe that originated in India. Although the pomfret is an exotic species of fish that can be easily found in India, this recipe has all the desi elements that make it all the more appealing for every fish lover. The Chanda fish is a flat-body fish with no bones, making it extremely easy to consume. It has a thin skin which makes the ingredients easily absorbed by the fish. It has a mild taste of its own. When combined with different ingredients, the result is truly delicious.
For the recipe, the whole pomfret fish is used along with other aromatic spices and herbs. The fish is mixed with ingredients like lemon juice, yoghurt, and coriander. Other elements like turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, and fennel powder add the much-needed spice and aromatic flavours to the Chanda fish recipe.
If you’re looking for a simple Chanda fish recipe that you can serve at parties, this is the one!
Licious Pomfret Whole, Cleaned
At Licious, we deliver fresh and cleaned pomfret to your doorstep. This seawater fish has lean meat with a medium texture that is ideal for grilling, frying, boiling, and curries. Our fishes are caught and cut on the same day and delivered in 24 hours. Our fish is always fresh, never frozen. They are stored between 0-4°C for enhanced quality. Our fish, seafood, and chicken undergo more than 150 quality checks so that you’re given the best at last. They are cut to perfection by our expert technicians and are free from chemicals. No artificial butchery is involved. It is vacuum pumped in tamper-free packaging.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- Licious Pomfret Fish
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- 8 Curry leaves Chopped
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves Finely Chopped
- 2 tbsp Melted butter
- Salt as required
- ½ tsp fennel powder
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- Wash the pomfret fish carefully and make thatch on both sides of the fish's body using a knife.
- Now, we need to marinade the fish. Use turmeric powder, salt, pepper, and lime juice for the marinade.
- Make sure to coat the fish properly with the marinade.
- Keep it aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Now, take a small bowl and combine the red chilli powder, yoghurt, fennel powder, coriander leaves, along with curry leaves.
- Mix them all well.
- Gently rub this mixture on the fish and let it seep into the gashes of the fish.
- Refrigerate the fish for an hour or so.
- Take a non-stick pan and heat butter on it.
- Put the fish in the butter and let it cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Once done, flip to the other side and repeat the same procedure.
- Cook until it turns crispy.
- Turn off the heat. Drain excess butter with paper towels.
- Serve hot!
Tips and Tricks: Do not over-fry the fish. Ensure the fish is cooked well before taking it off the pan. Serving Suggestions: Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve with mint chutney. If you loved this Chanda fish recipe, surprise your family this weekend by preparing this dish at home. Share your version of the recipe on Instagram using #MadeWithLicious.