Thai cuisine is an Asian cuisine that has been popularised for being unique, rich, versatile, and highly flavourful. What makes it different from other cuisines is the use of vegetables, spices, and aromatic herbs in most recipes. Asian curry dishes are the most popular form of Thai cuisine. They have a strong and delectable taste and also make use of many healthy and green vegetables. Moreover, they can be prepared in under half an hour. This means that Asian curry recipes are easy and could be your go-to option when you want a quick yet delicious meal. Therefore, we have a Thai Red Chicken Curry recipe for you today that is absolutely scrumptious!
What is Thai Red Chicken Curry?
The Red Thai Curry is available in both variants: vegetarian and non-vegetarian. The vegetarian variant uses three or more vegetables to make the curry delightful. On the other hand, the chicken curry uses boneless chicken and several aromatic spices. It also combines the goodness of cornstarch with that of coconut milk. Although this Asian curry recipe has an intense colour that may indicate it is pretty spicy, it is actually not!
So, if you are looking for a recipe to jazz up your dinner, try this chicken Asian curry at home!
Chicken Leg – Boneless Cubes
At Licious, we deliver fresh chicken to your doorstep. For this recipe, we recommend our Chicken Leg – Boneless Cubes which turn juicy and tender when cooked and do not dry out easily. Our expert meat technicians de-bone and cut the meat precisely into bite-sized pieces that are easy to eat and fast-cooking. The meat comes cut and cleaned for convenience so you can use it straight out of the pack with zero prep. At Licious, our chicken is sourced from biosecure farms and passed through 150+ safety/quality checks. The meat contains no antibiotic residue or hormones and is always fresh. To maintain this freshness, we ensure temperature controls between 0-4°C at every stage.
If you are looking for boneless chicken for your Asian chicken recipe, click on the button below and place an order.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 500 gms Licious Boneless Chicken
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ a carrot sliced
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 Red Bell Pepper deseeded and sliced into strips
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 can of light coconut milk
- 1 onion quartered
- 2 tbsp Chopped Coriander leaves
- Take a large skillet and heat oil over it.
- Once the oil is heated, add the chicken pieces and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Now, add the red curry paste, zucchini, bell pepper, onion, and carrot. Please give it a good mix.
- Keep on stirring for a few minutes.
- Take a small bowl and mix the cornstarch with coconut milk.
- Make sure it has no lumps.
- Now, add this mixture to the skillet. Mix it well.
- Cover and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Once done, bring it to a boil and cook over medium heat for a minute.
- Add in the cilantro leaves. Stir to mix.
- Turn off the heat.
- Serve hot!
Tips and Tricks
- Add red chilli powder if you want the curry to be spicy.
- Make sure the red Thai curry paste has a long shelf life before you use it for the recipe.
- Serve with basmati rice or Jasmine rice.
- Garnish with onion rings on the side.
- Use a green salad on the side.
If this stimulated your love for Thai cuisine, you should give this Asian chicken recipe at home to your friends and family. Share your recipe with us on Instagram using #MadeWithLicious!