Also known as Andhra Kodi Kura or simply Kodi Kura, Andhra Style Chicken Curry is one of the most delicious Andhra delicacies. Its gravy is simple to cook yet tastes scrumptious. Andhra cuisine is famously known for its spicy taste with a hint of tanginess. And this curry is no exception! Although this curry has been modified in various states of India; the authentic Andhra-style chicken curry is to die for. It is prepared using aromatic herbs, finely chopped veggies, and other ingredients that blend well and make for a delicious meal. The best part is that it is effortless to cook and can be prepared within an hour.
What is Andhra Style Chicken Curry?
The Andhra Style Chicken Curry is abundantly flavourful, with a squeeze of lemon juice to neutralise the spicy flavours. Originally from Andhra Pradesh, the mouth-watering Spicy Chicken Curry Recipe is a sweet and spicy amalgamation of herbs, species, and chicken that satisfies your soul immediately.
Cashew nuts are used for a richer, thicker gravy. This curry is made differently in different parts of India. For example, in coastal regions, it is prepared with coconut milk, which makes the whole dish incredibly delicious, juicy, and succulent. Believe us, if you’re a fan of Andhra Pradesh cuisine or chicken curries, this curry will be your favourite!
Licious Chicken Curry Cut
At Licious, we deliver freshly cut chicken curry pieces to your doorstep. They’re stored between 0-4 °C at every stage and never frozen to maintain freshness. The chicken also undergoes more than 150 quality checks. Furthermore, all our chicken is sourced from biosecure farms and is free from antibiotics and hormones. Apart from that, our experts wash the chicken pieces thoroughly and cut them to perfection before they are placed in tamper-free packaging and delivered to you. The curry cut pack consist of bone-in and boneless pieces and is ideal for all types of curries.
If you want to order chicken curry cut pieces, you can tap on the button below.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 500 gms Licious Chicken Curry Cut
- 3 tbsp refined oil
- 3 green cardamom pods
- 1 bay leaf
- A handful of curry leaves
- 1 onion sliced
- 3 cloves
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 cups water
- 2 green chillies slit
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp Cashew nuts blended with water to form a paste
- 2 tsp chicken masala
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- Salt - to taste
- 2 tsp Kasoori methi
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp dhaniya/coriander powder
- Take a pan and add refined oil to it. Once the oil is a little warm, add the whole spices. Saute till their aroma is released.
- Add chopped onions to the mixture. Saute onions till they become golden brown. Add ginger/garlic paste and the chicken to the sauteed onions. Mix this thoroughly and allow the chicken to brown nicely.
- Now it's time to add salt and turmeric. Stir for some time and add water.
- Add curry leaves and green chillies and let the curry cook for some time.
- Add red chilli powder, cashew nut paste, chicken masala, kasoori methi, garam masala and dhaniya powder to the mixture. Let the curry simmer for some time until the chicken cooks perfectly. If required, add more water to it.
- For garnishing, add coriander leaves.
Serving tips Serve hot with steamed rice. Add dips and round onion rings for added flavours So go ahead and try the Andhra Style Chicken Curry using chicken curry cut from Licious. When you finish the recipe, don't forget to share the pictures of your dish with us on Instagram using #MadeWithLicious!