Famously known as Kodi vepudu, Andhra Fried Chicken is a popular chicken dish made with a unique and special vepudu masala. It is a finger-licking dry chicken recipe made with authentic Andhra spices. This dish is generally prepared during special occasions or festivals. Crispy and tender, you won’t regret making this dish at home.
If you’re looking for an authentic Spicy Chicken Fry recipe, this one will win everyone’s heart. The richness of flavours will surely satisfy your cravings!
What is Andhra Fried Chicken?
Andhra Chicken Fry originated in the state of Andhra Pradesh. While cooking Andhra Style Spicy Chicken Fry, the chicken is cooked on a medium to low flame to extract its best flavours. Also, the blend of Andhra masala, also known as vepudu masala, is the magic ingredient that binds everything together. As the popularity of the dish grew, it is now an undetachable part of the North-Indian menu as well.
Pair this with roti or naan and serve with onion rings and green chutney for added flavours.
When making Andhra Chicken Fry, we recommend using our Chicken Leg Boneless Cubes. Our expert meat technicians cut these pieces from the leg and thigh. the pieces are cleaned thoroughly and hygienically packed before being delivered to your doorstep.
At Licious, our chicken is sourced from biosecure farms, passed through 150+ safety & quality checks, and contains no hormones or antibiotic residue. Our meats are always fresh, never frozen; to retain this freshness, we maintain constant temperature controls between 0-4 °C.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 500 gms Licious Chicken Leg - Boneless Cubes
- 2 sprigs of curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp ghee
- Garam masala powder as required
- 2 inches Cinnamon
- 4 Black Cardamom Pods
- 1/4 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 green chillies
- 12 cashews
- 2 large onions
- Salt as required
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 8 cloves
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tbsp Garlic paste
- 50 gms yoghurt/curd
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tbsp Ginger Paste
- In a mixing bowl, add chicken and marinade ingredients, mix them well and set aside.
- Chop the onions and coriander and set them aside separately.
- In a bowl, chop green chillies and curry leaves. Once the chicken is marinated, set a pan on medium flame. Add ghee or oil to it and saute onions until they turn golden brown. Add chicken to this, stir well and close the lid until completely cooked.
- Meanwhile, add oil to another pan. Add green chillies and curry leaves. Keep the flame low so that they do not burn. Add all the spices and the cooked chicken and onions to this pan. Fry on high flame. Once the chicken is well coated in the spices, add pepper powder and cashews. Stir it for 3-4 minutes so that the cashews turn light brown.
- Once the chicken is fried, serve with naan or roti.
So go on, give this recipe a try at home, you won't regret it. don't forget to share your version of the dish with us on Instagram using #MadeWithLicious!